Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I control flushing during sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by blahphase View Post
    I noticed for a while now that I look very flushed in the morning. This didn’t use to happen and I suspect the multiple laser treatments for broken veins may have triggered rosacea for me. I never used to have a problem with flushing, just the veins, but now it seems after a night of sleep my cheeks always look so inflamed it takes all day (and sometimes not even then) to calm them down. I tried elevated pillow, controlling my sleep positions as much as I can, sleeping in a cooler room all to no avail. Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
    Hi blaphase,
    Laser triggered my rosacea too. Like you, I just had some broken veins before the laser. No flushing, stinging or swelling before the laser. How I regret doing laser. It’s very frustrating how much laser seems to be promoted as a wonder treatment for veins when it seems to also be a trigger for rosacea.
    My flushing was extremely bad at the beginning of this year but it is much better now ( but not fully resolved). I had to sleep on my back too or my face would fill with blood. I can sleep on my side again. Clonidine stopped the overwhelming flushes but now I have switched to MSM which is working well.
    Duloxetine has greatly helped the stinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi blaphase,
    Laser triggered my rosacea too. Like you, I just had some broken veins before the laser. No flushing, stinging or swelling before the laser. How I regret doing laser. Itís very frustrating how much laser seems to be promoted as a wonder treatment for veins when it seems to also be a trigger for rosacea.
    My flushing was extremely bad at the beginning of this year but it is much better now ( but not fully resolved). I had to sleep on my back too or my face would fill with blood. I can sleep on my side again. Clonidine stopped the overwhelming flushes but now I have switched to MSM which is working well.
    How quickly started MSM to work for you? I've started taking it myself. Anything you recommend to keep in mind taking it?

Hi blaphase,
    Laser triggered my rosacea too. Like you, I just had some broken veins before the laser. No flushing, stinging or swelling before the laser. How I regret doing laser. Itís very frustrating how much laser seems to be promoted as a wonder treatment for veins when it seems to also be a trigger for rosacea.
    As Opare, wanna know it too!

Quote Originally Posted by 3jun View Post
    As Opare, wanna know it too!
    Hi both,
    Msm worked immediately for me-the first day I took it I had no flushing and it continues to work. I am just taking 1000 x1 daily for now. I recommend taking it early-mid morning as it causes dreams ( for me anyway) if I take it later in the day. Even when the rest of my body gets warm, my face remains cool. Itís as if the MSM ďblocksĒ the blood going to my face.

The one thing I am slightly concerned about is that I am quite sore/stiff in parts of my body ( as if I have done an intense workout-which I havenít) and Iím sure the MSM is causing the soreness because I didnít take it one day this week and the soreness went away by that evening ( and I didnít flush that day either). Nobody else has reported this side effect. Maybe I should just build it up by taking it every second day for a few weeks.

Hi both,
    Msm worked immediately for me-the first day I took it I had no flushing and it continues to work. I am just taking 1000 x1 daily for now. I recommend taking it early-mid morning as it causes dreams ( for me anyway) if I take it later in the day. Even when the rest of my body gets warm, my face remains cool. Itís as if the MSM ďblocksĒ the blood going to my face.

The one thing I am slightly concerned about is that I am quite sore/stiff in parts of my body ( as if I have done an intense workout-which I havenít) and Iím sure the MSM is causing the soreness because I didnít take it one day this week and the soreness went away by that evening ( and I didnít flush that day either). Nobody else has reported this side effect. Maybe I should just build it up by taking it every second day for a few weeks.
    That is awesome! Hope it helps my flushing too... It is the worst part for me. As you flush less now, your redness has improved? Is your skin less dry? Overall apareance?

What MSM are you taking? I have read OptiMSM is the best one

That is awesome! Hope it helps my flushing too... It is the worst part for me. As you flush less now, your redness has improved? Is your skin less dry? Overall apareance?

What MSM are you taking? I have read OptiMSM is the best one
    I am using Doctorís Health MSM. I have no idea if it is better or worse than any other MSM-it was just the first one I found online.
    Yes my redness is less-my skin has always had a pink undertone ( my motherís skin) but itís just normal for me. My skin would look totally fine if I didnít have the residual swelling that wonít go down.
    Itís not dry any more because my skincare routine is so basic and rich in water and oil.
    I cleanse with safflower oil, wipe it off with water, apply La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra Nuit to a damp face and when that sinks in apply a thin layer of pure Borage oil to lock it all in. A very simple clean routine. I donít suffer from any spots so the oily routine suits me but might not be for everyone.

I am using Doctorís Health MSM. I have no idea if it is better or worse than any other MSM-it was just the first one I found online.
    Yes my redness is less-my skin has always had a pink undertone ( my motherís skin) but itís just normal for me. My skin would look totally fine if I didnít have the residual swelling that wonít go down.
    Itís not dry any more because my skincare routine is so basic and rich in water and oil.
    I cleanse with safflower oil, wipe it off with water, apply La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra Nuit to a damp face and when that sinks in apply a thin layer of pure Borage oil to lock it all in. A very simple clean routine. I donít suffer from any spots so the oily routine suits me but might not be for everyone.
    Great! Happy you found something that works for you!
    Would you mind telling me which were you triggers that caused you the flushing? I flush and my skin burns after eating (almost any type of food) and with temperature changes (now in winter is much worse because the Heat is on everywhere. In summer my face is calmer). Also when I lay down my skin flush.
    Did you experience the same? So MSM could work for these cases?

Great! Happy you found something that works for you!
    Would you mind telling me which were you triggers that caused you the flushing? I flush and my skin burns after eating (almost any type of food) and with temperature changes (now in winter is much worse because the Heat is on everywhere. In summer my face is calmer). Also when I lay down my skin flush.
    Did you experience the same? So MSM could work for these cases?
    Yes I am very similar to you. My triggers are wind, heat, irritating makeup and hot food in general ( purely because it increases my body temperature). My face is also calmer in summer as long as there is no wind.
    MSM will probably work for you too but I have to warn you again-I have a lot of strange stiffness in different parts of my body-quite uncomfortable. I can only assume it is the MSM causing it. I deliberately didnít take any yesterday or today-so Iíll see if the stiffness is gone by tomorrow. I didnít flush today without it so I might be able to control my flushing by taking it every second day and that should minimise the side effects.

Yes I am very similar to you. My triggers are wind, heat, irritating makeup and hot food in general ( purely because it increases my body temperature). My face is also calmer in summer as long as there is no wind.
    MSM will probably work for you too but I have to warn you again-I have a lot of strange stiffness in different parts of my body-quite uncomfortable. I can only assume it is the MSM causing it. I deliberately didnít take any yesterday or today-so Iíll see if the stiffness is gone by tomorrow. I didnít flush today without it so I might be able to control my flushing by taking it every second day and that should minimise the side effects.
    Thank you so much! Hope your stiffness goes quickly... And if you dont flush that much, that is a win!

I tried this MSM, bought the powder version as it was cheaper(250g tub) same stuff as inside the capsules and comes with a little plastic scoop that measures 1000mg. I find that when it controls the flushing, the swelling still takes around 14 days to go away completely. You have to be very disciplined because you don't see small improvements, it just goes suddenly.
    Particularly when laying down and sleeping, took 14-17 days of no flushing to wake up without any swelling in the morning.