Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Worst flare up of flushing

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    In my case not getting too cold does not help my overall condition, it just prevents it from getting worse. But currently popular in erythromelalgia circles is heat desensitization protocols, similar to "warm room theory" - doing hot soaks followed by warm shower. For the face, I think warm compresses are used. (It didn't help me)

    If you go down on the clonidine - make sure to do so slowly lest bad rebound. I personally went down by 0.025 mg every 4 days or so. Good luck!
    Thanks will do!

    I've just started a trial on montelukast to see if it works at all on my flushing before trialling any EM drugs so holding off on lowering the clonidine until then.

    I hope you find relief from the swelling!

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    16
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owldog View Post
    Thanks will do!

    I've just started a trial on montelukast to see if it works at all on my flushing before trialling any EM drugs so holding off on lowering the clonidine until then.

    I hope you find relief from the swelling!
    I'm going to start taking Clonidine next week, reading the older posts in this thread you mentioned you still flush but Clonidine stops the swelling, is that right. I can take the redness but nose swelling is getting behond hell now, so I can't wait to try clonidine for the swelling.
    Someone also posted this recently about low dose Clonidine:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...Dose-Clonidine
    I might try this and start with a low dose to see if it stops the swelling.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johndlwdbm View Post
    I'm going to start taking Clonidine next week, reading the older posts in this thread you mentioned you still flush but Clonidine stops the swelling, is that right. I can take the redness but nose swelling is getting behond hell now, so I can't wait to try clonidine for the swelling.
    Someone also posted this recently about low dose Clonidine:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...Dose-Clonidine
    I might try this and start with a low dose to see if it stops the swelling.
    I'm sorry to hear that. The clonidine helps with the swelling in my cheeks but not so much my nose. To be honest I actually think it may be exacerbating the flushing in my nose as it makes my extremities too cold and then my ears and nose overcompensate by sending more blood there. But it may help you and perhaps at a lower dose to what I'm taking. I found after a month of a regular dose of clonidine 3 times a day at 50mcg helped with the swelling in my cheeks. They still flush and flare but they don't swell up anymore.

    I saw you mentioned that you had problems lying down. I have had the same problems too. I get flushes on my ears and cheeks if I'm lying down. I found mirtazapine at 15mg a night really helpful for the sleep and lying down flushing. Perhaps you can try that as well if you find the clonidine isn't helping enough.

    Also I found eating earlier in the evening no later than 7pm and having a heavier meal for lunch rather than dinner has improved the flushing at night.
    Last edited by owldog; 19th January 2020 at 01:42 PM.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    16
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owldog View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. The clonidine helps with the swelling in my cheeks but not so much my nose. To be honest I actually think it may be exacerbating the flushing in my nose as it makes my extremities too cold and then my ears and nose overcompensate by sending more blood there. But it may help you and perhaps at a lower dose to what I'm taking. I found after a month of a regular dose of clonidine 3 times a day at 50mcg helped with the swelling in my cheeks. They still flush and flare but they don't swell up anymore.

    I saw you mentioned that you had problems lying down. I have had the same problems too. I get flushes on my ears and cheeks if I'm lying down. I found mirtazapine at 15mg a night really helpful for the sleep and lying down flushing. Perhaps you can try that as well if you find the clonidine isn't helping enough.

    Also I found eating earlier in the evening no later than 7pm and having a heavier meal for lunch rather than dinner has improved the flushing at night.
    Ah, so the Clonidine didn't work for you to stop the nose swelling, have you tried moxonodine. I am also getting this and as it's suppose to be milder side effects will probably try it before Clonidine. I'll report back after using it.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    35

    Default

    No I haven't tried Moxonidine. Perhaps I'll give it try instead of the Clonidine. Hope it works for you!

    Unfortunately the montelukast did not work for me, made me quite agitated as well. Oh well it was worth trying. Now back on trialling pain meds.

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    26
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Tuesday night all day at work yesterday was the worst.

    Literally washed the soolantra cream off with baby shampoo from my face (done this before multiple times and no issues)

    My gosh face felt like it was on fire.

    All day yesterday was horrible burning cheeks flushing really bad.

    Literally had enough yesterday

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    26
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    Tuesday night all day at work yesterday was the worst.

    Literally washed the soolantra cream off with baby shampoo from my face (done this before multiple times and no issues)

    My gosh face felt like it was on fire.

    All day yesterday was horrible burning cheeks flushing really bad.

    Literally had enough yesterday
    add to that now its cold here in Manchester (UK) but just checked the mirror and the lower half of my face is an angry red

    so embarrased.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    add to that now its cold here in Manchester (UK) but just checked the mirror and the lower half of my face is an angry red

    so embarrased.
    I'd suggest just using Zhongzhou cream and water on your face. Baby shampoo can irritate the sensitive rosacea skin.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    26
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I'd suggest just using Zhongzhou cream and water on your face. Baby shampoo can irritate the sensitive rosacea skin.
    Is this available in shops?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    Is this available in shops?
    It's available at www.demodex.co.uk

Similar Threads

  1. X-RAYS and flushing/ flare ups
    By natalja in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 24th June 2018, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th August 2017, 03:20 AM
  3. Does bruising Vbeam help with flushing (flare ups) from alcohol, exercise etc?
    By Champions1966 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th September 2016, 08:58 AM
  4. Help! Worst flushing in 4 years, from vitamin D?!?
    By EmilyKingston in forum Diet, lifestyle and relationships
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 7th September 2015, 04:05 PM
  5. Rosacea with no flare ups or flushing
    By metiner in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13th April 2013, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •