Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dr Chu Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I think the combination of clonidine, propranolol and hydroxychloroquine should help. Although the brand plaquenil is no longer available in the UK - did you order from abroad? Clonidine helps with the blood pressure, while hydroxychloroquine reduces the inflammation in the blood vessels and skin. (The issue with clonidine is it does tend to reduce in effectiveness over time, which is why I use moxonodine which is a very similar but newer drug.)

I think a thin watery layer of Zhongzhou cream as discussed elsewhere should be very helpful - but you don't need to use a lot - you just need to treat the whole face and neck with it. If you dip your finger in water and then into the tub you'll find it spreads better.
    ordered plaquinel and mirtazapine from united pharmacies - they ship from china , so it must still be available to them - would love to try moxonidine but its really hard to find online , in fact i cant anywhere that will sell without a prescription...

just put the zz cream on and my face is stinging like crazy ! the menthol is making my eyes water ...

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    ordered plaquinel and mirtazapine from united pharmacies - they ship from china , so it must still be available to them - would love to try moxonidine but its really hard to find online , in fact i cant anywhere that will sell without a prescription...

just put the zz cream on and my face is stinging like crazy ! the menthol is making my eyes water ...
    Don't worry - same happened to me -within a week that effect on the eyes will go down a lot. The plaquenil will help with any temporary issues with the skin caused by ZZ cream - it is a pretty strong anti-inflammatory on rosacea/skin inflammation.

Don't worry - same happened to me -within a week that effect on the eyes will go down a lot. The plaquenil will help with any temporary issues with the skin caused by ZZ cream - it is a pretty strong anti-inflammatory on rosacea/skin inflammation.
    You take MSM too right? It helped me at the beginning very noticeably and now I've ordered some MSM gel I hope it helps with the skin too! I would like to do ZZ cream, MSM gel and Tamanu oil. something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    You take MSM too right? It helped me at the beginning very noticeably and now I've ordered some MSM gel I hope it helps with the skin too! I would like to do ZZ cream, MSM gel and Tamanu oil. something like that...
    I haven't found the same benefit from creams/gels with MSM, but I still take Solgar MSM yes. Initially it does thin the blood quite a lot I think which does help reduce the appearance of redness, but this effect does reduce over time. You can take up to six 1000mg tablets per day of it.

I haven't found the same benefit from creams/gels with MSM, but I still take Solgar MSM yes. Initially it does thin the blood quite a lot I think which does help reduce the appearance of redness, but this effect does reduce over time. You can take up to six 1000mg tablets per day of it.
    thats unfortunate. Yes I noticed the effect reduces but I like to take 2x1000mg still. More than that just gets me very dry and dreams get crazy lol End of the day like you said there will be a combination of a lot of things that helps to keep rosacea in check right

I was hoping the MSM gel could give me the next push beating this condition...
    Last edited by opare; 9th January 2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaveitnow View Post
    Hi guys,

Could anyone advise how to get booked in with Dr Charakida please? Canít seem to find any details online unfortunately.

Many thanks
    She works at 10 Harley Street on Thursdays and Saturdays. Professor Chu gave me the email address of her secretary. I can pm it to you if you like.