Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Willing to try anything

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    I hope it is of some benefit for you - even just the depression part.

yeah, i don't really like the mirtaz. either, but in my experience things get unpredictable if I try to taper (antidepressants generally). One day you/I could probably try a reaaal slow taper, I imagine (even if 1 mg at a time with liquid formulation)

I hope the LDN helps you

I might try the low dose accutane myself. 2 different derms brought it up in the past (I have no bumps). I'll discuss it more with them. I think it would help flares if they are inflammation-based, but not if they aren't. I have a friend in real life (lol) who takes low dose for acne - her derm said she could be on it forever. When she forgot to pickup at the pharmacy, she noticed her flushing/burning worsened / went back to baseline. But I agree, it seems a bit of a wild card. I imagine that would help with any swelling + skin texture, though

low dose birth control might be another thing.
    So your friends flushing is helped with low dose accutane?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Thank you for the feedback! Iím not seeing periactin - maybe itís also not available here in the US? I do find Benadryl helps some unless Iím in a really bad flare. I go tomorrow for a Botox treatment and am going to ask about moxonidine and other oral options. My guess is she hasnít used it before because she always emphasizes that Iím already on the ďbig gunĒ medication with Clonidine.
    Hi Chai, how did the botox treatment go? Did it help your flushing?