Thread: Change of mirtazapine "brand" causing problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Change of mirtazapine "brand" causing problems

Anyone had this problem, a change of brand, and suddenly the flushing is horrific?

Been quite settled for 6 or so months, been on activis brand. Pharmacy gives me a brand called "nomoud" and overnight I have the constant flushy feel on my face, even when I slightly move.

Annoyed as like I said, it's been a little settled over the past 6 or so months without the constant flushy feel 24/7./

Thought I'd give it a few days but no improvement. Phoned pharmacy and their giving me a headache about it all

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    Anyone had this problem, a change of brand, and suddenly the flushing is horrific?

Been quite settled for 6 or so months, been on activis brand. Pharmacy gives me a brand called "nomoud" and overnight I have the constant flushy feel on my face, even when I slightly move.

Annoyed as like I said, it's been a little settled over the past 6 or so months without the constant flushy feel 24/7./

Thought I'd give it a few days but no improvement. Phoned pharmacy and their giving me a headache about it all

Just noticed this post, the pharmacy changed my mirtazapine to the nomad brand as well and I've also noticed an increase in flushing. Really weird I thought most generics should be the same.

Did your flushing resolve?

Quote Originally Posted by owldog View Post
    Just noticed this post, the pharmacy changed my mirtazapine to the nomad brand as well and I've also noticed an increase in flushing. Really weird I thought most generics should be the same.

I have always felt that generics are not the same as branded-even though they say they are. I know I get different side effects from generics

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    I have always felt that generics are not the same as branded-even though they say they are. I know I get different side effects from generics
    Yes you're right. I just never put two and two together as I've had increased flushing recently.

Got 3 boxes of this stuff as well that I'll probably have to throw out and see if I can get another prescription from my GP. Unfortunately all the mirtazapine here is generic, there is no branded version so pot luck with what you end up getting.

Yes you're right. I just never put two and two together as I've had increased flushing recently.

Got 3 boxes of this stuff as well that I'll probably have to throw out and see if I can get another prescription from my GP. Unfortunately all the mirtazapine here is generic, there is no branded version so pot luck with what you end up getting.
    I agree it's important to find a generic brand you're happy with and then request that specifically if possible. If you find a good independent pharmacy you may find them more likely to be able to supply the particular brand of generic you request, especially if its a private prescription. You can also have your prescription written so that only a certain brand can be supplied e.g. Mirtazapine (Teva) or whatever - but that is then difficult if no pharmacy around you can source that brand, because they're not allowed to supply any other!

Is the brand Remeron you were using that was switched to generic? Apparently mirtazapine has a number of brand names (Afloyan, Amirel, Avanza, Axit, Beron, Calixta, Ciblex, Combar, Divaril, Esprital, Mepirzapine, Mepirzepine) according to this. Have you considered an online pharmacy, i.e., Canadian online pharmacy?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 9th February 2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi