Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oracea

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    does Oracea make the skin more sensitive?
    Sensitive to the sun? Apparently it does, but I didnít notice it. I certainly didnít get sunburned while I was on it. Obviously, my skin has been highly sensitive to everything over the last couple of years but I donít think the Oracea made it more sensitive to anything.
    Just for your information, I have been taking 60mg Duloxetine in the morning for the past few days ( instead of amitriptyline) and it is proved a magic bullet. Stinging is gone and my face is cool. Iím still taking 4.5mg LDN at night. If I could just get rid of the swelling now...

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Sensitive to the sun? Apparently it does, but I didnít notice it. I certainly didnít get sunburned while I was on it. Obviously, my skin has been highly sensitive to everything over the last couple of years but I donít think the Oracea made it more sensitive to anything.
    Just for your information, I have been taking 60mg Duloxetine in the morning for the past few days ( instead of amitriptyline) and it is proved a magic bullet. Stinging is gone and my face is cool. Iím still taking 4.5mg LDN at night. If I could just get rid of the swelling now...
    appreciate the reply. I stopped Oracea and will see if my symptoms improve again. Did you start at 4.5mg LDN or adding up?

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    appreciate the reply. I stopped Oracea and will see if my symptoms improve again. Did you start at 4.5mg LDN or adding up?
    I started at .5 ml LDN and increased by .2ml every 3 days up to 4.5ml. The doc said I could go as far as 10ml and I did increase up to about 6.5ml but I didnít think it helped so Iím back to 4.5ml at night.
    The doctor felt this titrating schedule would avoid any potential side effects but there were none except for a bit of dreaming for the first few days.
    I take the 60mg of Duloxetine in the morning after food to avoid nausea. It is helping hugely.