Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracea

Default Oracea

I started Oracea today for my rosacea. I'm not sure it will help much my heat sensation and flushing with some blemishes. But I would really like to hear your updated experience with it. side effects etc.

Thank you,

There are many reports in RF who use Oracea. I have collected a number of them here for viewing. Oracea is part of the gold standard treatment for rosacea.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    There are many reports in RF who use Oracea. I have collected a number of them here for viewing. Oracea is part of the gold standard treatment for rosacea.
    appreciate that. majority of these are negative but I guess thats just the way of reporting.

I would like to hear from people that take it right now or lately.

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    appreciate that. majority of these are negative but I guess thats just the way of reporting.

Oracea can help with redness a little and with minor pustules and papules, but not much with flushing. Hydroxychloroquine would help more with that.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Oracea can help with redness a little and with minor pustules and papules, but not much with flushing. Hydroxychloroquine would help more with that.
    I don't know if you have this problem but when you try to calm down in the evening and maybe have been outside in the cold. Does Hydroxychloroquine help with that?

I don't know if you have this problem but when you try to calm down in the evening and maybe have been outside in the cold. Does Hydroxychloroquine help with that?
    Phenotype 1 treatment includes a long list of prescription and non prescription drugs (hydroxychloroquine is just one in a very long list). To specifically answer your question in addition to any answer antwantsclear posts is to type in 'hydroxychloroquine' in the search box (near top right corner) and go through all the results. RF has had a long history of rosacea data over the years and is a wealth of information on rosacea. However, sorting through it can be time consuming and tedious. That is why for many years, I have tried to collect rosacea data into logical categories and show the results in a collection of anecdotal reports in a single post. That is what volunteers do. They try to help fellow rosacea sufferers. Just trying to help. So, in answer to your question, wouldn't it be great if you could find a post listing every mention of hydroxychloroquine in a neat list with a quote instead of the tedious and arduous task using the search box tool RF provides? That would take hours to do and most would not venture to volunteer and make such a post.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 25th October 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

As with every treatment with rosacea, there are those who report positive results and others who report negative results which is what we dubbed a long time ago the Rosacea X Factor. It would be incredible if you got say three or four posts in this thread from those who have used Oracea. You can always hope they will reply to this thread. That is the reason I gave you a history of the past posts on your question, since history usually repeats itself.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I started Oracea today for my rosacea. I'm not sure it will help much my heat sensation and flushing with some blemishes. But I would really like to hear your updated experience with it. side effects etc.

Thank you,
    I tried Oracea for 6 months but it was utterly useless. All it did was kill my appetite- I had a very sick stomach for a couple of weeks but my system adjusted to it after that. It seems to work really well for people with the rosacea spots but Im not one of them. I just have the flushing, stinging and swelling. The minute doctors diagnose rosacea, they jump on the Oracea wagon, without thinking of the actual symptoms. At the end of the day, rosacea is just an umbrella term for red skin and doctors need to adjust the treatment plan to address the actual symptoms.
    So if you have spots, the Oracea will probably clear those ( Soolantra is great for rosacea spots as well) but Id be very surprised if it helps your flushing. The flushing is caused by your nerves triggering your blood vessels so you need to calm down your nervous system with Amitriptyline, LDN, Duloxetine or plaquenil.
    25mgx2 daily ( 50mg) of Amitriptyline has definitely helped the crazy nerves in my face-I think more than LDN but everybody is different.
    I was asked why I had moved on to a higher dose of LDN. My LDN doctor said I could go up as high as 10mg, which I did, but I dont think the higher dose helped.

Yes, hydroxychloroquine does help with the warm room syndrome flushing - being outside and coming back into the warm. Although, wearing a hat over parts of the face that flush can help with this too (e.g. for the ears). You want to keep the flushing areas as warm as possible when outside (harder to do for the nose than the ears!)

does Oracea make the skin more sensitive?