Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oral and topical Ivermectin trial

Quote Originally Posted by Capture531 View Post
    How long did you take the diflucan?
    A week in November last year then took another about a month ago.
    Can’t say it had an effect .

Quote Originally Posted by Capture531 View Post
    How long did you take the diflucan?
    I haven't taken the Difflucan myself. I had a severe case of demodex but I never had the added complication of a fungal infection.

I read 2 articles from NIH about using Oral Fluconazole (Difflucan) for tinea and fungal acne.
    The first link describes the treatment and success rate for Tinea with Difflucan. This article describes the results of 40 subjects with Tinea. The Oral Fluconazole for 2 weeks cured 75% of the patients. Subjects were treated for two weeks orally with fluconazole 300 mg weekly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15841655

The 2nd article describes one specific case of treating a woman who had fungal acne for 2 years. The put her on Oral Fluconazole (Difflucan). Dramatic improvement was seen in 24 hours. She continued the oral drug and 2 topical treatments for 2 months.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3970831/

One doctor who prescribed the oral Difflucan for a patient, told them to make sure that they got hot and sweaty after taking the drug. The idea was to get the drug into your system and then sweat some of it out through the pores. That got the drug into the pores to kill the fungus/yeast causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    A week in November last year then took another about a month ago.
    Can’t say it had an effect .
    Hmmm, maybe it wasnt enough? I believe his email is busbylaw@cox.net. Maybe send him a message? He was very thorough in explaining the products to me and Im looking forward to testing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I haven't taken the Difflucan myself. I had a severe case of demodex but I never had the added complication of a fungal infection.

I read 2 articles from NIH about using Oral Fluconazole (Difflucan) for tinea and fungal acne.
    The first link describes the treatment and success rate for Tinea with Difflucan. This article describes the results of 40 subjects with Tinea. The Oral Fluconazole for 2 weeks cured 75% of the patients. Subjects were treated for two weeks orally with fluconazole 300 mg weekly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15841655

The 2nd article describes one specific case of treating a woman who had fungal acne for 2 years. The put her on Oral Fluconazole (Difflucan). Dramatic improvement was seen in 24 hours. She continued the oral drug and 2 topical treatments for 2 months.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3970831/

One doctor who prescribed the oral Difflucan for a patient, told them to make sure that they got hot and sweaty after taking the drug. The idea was to get the drug into your system and then sweat some of it out through the pores. That got the drug into the pores to kill the fungus/yeast causing the problem.
    That seems like extensive treatment lol my doc gave me 150mg once daily for 5 days... Ive seen people talk about 50mg for 2 weeks for folliculitis before. Or Itraconazole for 7 days. I did start it today. Just a little worried about taking it right after my last dose of Ivermectin yesterday...