Thread: Vbeam laser burns. How long do they last?

Default Vbeam laser burns. How long do they last?

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but has lived with rosacea for a long time. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience and how long was it until it got better and your face returned to normal...I read about the Psoria Gold cream and ordered it already and maybe there are some other ways to accelerate the healing.
    I had three Vbeam treatments in the past, spread over several years, with no issues, and they did help to some extent with redness and blood vessels so this reaction is new to me. I can't even blame the girl who did it as she said she used even lower settings than last time. I think the mistake I made is that I had Excel V and BBL (at the same time) in July and was still left with residual redness. The recovery from Excel V was one week long but after that time my face was back to normal, red spots gone. What was left was some residual redness. Well, instead of living it all alone I thought I could still improve it and decided to do the Vbeam, thinking it will be a walk in the park as I had no bad reaction before. Wrong! I am six days post the procedure and my face looks awful, way worse than even before the Excel V and BBL. Inflamed skin, red patches, more blood vessels on the surface, old red spots that were gone with Excel V are back, papery feel to the skin and some new lines that were not there before. It looks like it was burned by hot water or extreme heat which the laser delivers. Extreme blotchiness and red patches are bothering me the most and are hard to cover with makeup. I am lucky that I work only part time and was able to take the whole week off but have to be presentable by Monday. The girl who did the laser tells me to use Aloe Vera and is calling me every second day to check on my progress, I don't really blame her but my ignorance and search for the perfect result. I also think the whole laser industry is very misleading, the doctors minimize the bad and serious side effects. If you google "burns from lasers or laser damage" it never comes up, except in forums where real people speak up about their experiences. It seems quite dishonest to me.
    Again, thank you for letting me know if this reactions will eventually disappear and how long you had them if you had the misfortune to be burned like me. And is it anything that I could do to speed up the recovery and minimize the inflammation?
    Thank you.

I'd suggest consulting a dermatologist about the cause of the damage and what to do about it.

It sounds like there might be something wrong with the equipment, the operator, or both. What kind of clinic was this done in? Do they own their own equipment or borrow it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I'd suggest consulting a dermatologist about the cause of the damage and what to do about it.

It sounds like there might be something wrong with the equipment, the operator, or both. What kind of clinic was this done in? Do they own their own equipment or borrow it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Hi,
    It has been three weeks and still red and very blotchy, with some white spots. Cheeks feel hot most of the time now. Has used: aloe Vera, psoria gold, cerave, and yesterday Biafine ointement . Not much change. Have to use heavy cover up to mask the redness. Anyone has been in this situation? What have you used and how long it took for the burns to heal and the redness to subside?
    Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by monika555; 17th October 2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monika555 View Post
    Hi,
    It has been three weeks and still red and very blotchy, with some white spots. Cheeks feel hot most of the time now. Has used: aloe Vera, psoria gold, cerave, and yesterday Biafine ointement . Not much change. Have to use heavy cover up to mask the redness. Anyone has been in this situation? What have you used and how long it took for the burns to heal and the redness to subside?
    Thank you for your input.
    Hey Monika, may I ask for an update? As I'm considering Vbeam myself

Thank you,