Thread: lynton lasers

Default lynton lasers

Has anybody been treated with the lynton ipl machine for facial redness and flushing?
    I said years ago i would never try ipl again but am starting to get in a desperate situation

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Has anybody been treated with the lynton ipl machine for facial redness and flushing?
    I said years ago i would never try ipl again but am starting to get in a desperate situation
    I haven't heard of it but I'm avoiding IPL because it's broad-spectrum light, which will target more tissues than Vbeam. If I recall correctly, you tried Vbeam before and got what sounds like atrophic scarring. Have you thought about trying a different Vbeam operator? Some of the people with these machines really don't know what they're doing or aren't maintaining the equipment.

Did tranexamic acid help at all? Have you tried a mast cell inhibitor like cromolyn sodium?
    Last edited by jrlhamcat2; 15th September 2019 at 02:18 PM.

The tranexamic didn't seem to do anything.
    There isn't anyone local who does v-beam and as i'm not workng cannot afford to pay 300+.I had no success with previous v-beam treatment by a consultant dermatologist.
    The problem is over the last year i've started to develop telangiectasia all over my face.
    Funny you mention cromolyn as i've been thinking about trying this.

There isn't anyone local who does v-beam and as i'm not workng cannot afford to pay 300+.I had no success with previous v-beam treatment by a consultant dermatologist.
    The problem is over the last year i've started to develop telangiectasia all over my face.
    On the NHS you can ask for medications to treat your rosacea redness and flushing for free/cost of NHS prescription, depending on your circumstances. These are the ones suggested on the NHS website (you could show this link to your doctor):

"Oral treatments
    Alternatively, there are a number of oral medications that may help improve redness caused by rosacea.

These include:

clonidine – a medication that relaxes the blood vessels
    beta-blockers – medications that decrease the activity of the heart
    anxiety medications – medications sometimes used to help calm the person and reduce blushing"

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rosacea/treatment/

I was treated with a Lynton laser IPL machine and it caused damage - I don't recommend them. The Lumenis One IPL is perhaps better, but many people have had problems with that too. I also had a bad experience with the Vbeam, with an experienced doctor. Botox has worked better for me to stop the flushing, but less so than medications (especially moxonodine and hydroxychloroquine).

Many people are also having success with Zhongzhou cream for redness which you can buy on Amazon.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 16th September 2019 at 03:04 PM.

What sort of damage did the lynton ipl treatment do?
    Have tried clonidine,mirtazpine,propanolol,mirvaso,skinoren etc
    Had treatment with lumenis one,v beam,thermavien,red,green and yellow led and another ipl system.
    Slight damage from ipl and very small indentation from v beam.
    All in all the treatment ive paid for has had no effect or made things worse.
    I'm at the stage where i don't work and only go out if i really have to,doctors
    I got a letter from the docs for an appointment which i can only assume is to see if the antihistamine is working.
    The only thing they seem keen on me doing is counselling.
    I know it has caused social anxiety but i cant see counselling helping as it's not going to stop the rush of blood to my face from heat,exercise,sun etc, which i try to explain to them.

What was your method for applying the tranexamic acid? It can be difficult to get it to soak in.

I did have good luck with the Lumenis One for telangiectasia, but if you had some damage from IPL I'd be reluctant to try another device. The guy I saw for IPL was in Burnley.
    Last edited by jrlhamcat2; 19th September 2019 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    What was your method for applying the tranexamic acid? It can be difficult to get it to soak in.

I did have good luck with the Lumenis One for telangiectasia, but if you had some damage from IPL I'd be reluctant to try another device. The guy I saw for IPL was in Burnley.
    I bought tranexamic acid in the form of 500mg tablets.
    I crushed and mixed with water then soaked a pad with the fluid.
    Let the pad sit on my face for about 20 minutes.
    Also bought a product called NIACID which contains niacinamide and tranexamic acid.

I bought tranexamic acid in the form of 500mg tablets.
    I crushed and mixed with water then soaked a pad with the fluid.
    Let the pad sit on my face for about 20 minutes.
    Also bought a product called NIACID which contains niacinamide and tranexamic acid.
    I'm not sure if the Niacid has enough tranexamic acid to help with flushing and persistent redness.

I think it might be worth buying tranexamic acid powder instead of crushing the pills. Your face should feel cold with little or no flushing after a good soak. If it doesn't, it's probably not penetrating. You can get better penetration by washing your face and doing some light dermarolling beforehand.

It seems some people also find Effexor helpful.

I might give the tranexamic acid another go in the future.
    I'm going to my sisters for a few weeks and there's a doc in the town who does laser treatment for rosacea,amongst other things.The consultation and patch tests are free