Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Anxiety and Rosacea

There is a review here of platelet rich plasma for rosacea, although the person did get it provided for free I think by the doctor:
    https://talontedlex.co.uk/2016/05/30...-rosceareview/

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    There is a review here of platelet rich plasma for rosacea, although the person did get it provided for free I think by the doctor:
    https://talontedlex.co.uk/2016/05/30...-rosceareview/
    Interesting find if it lasted year as a treatment (although the author of the blog mentions it lasted 6months). It also seems less destructive than laser treatment too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    Interesting find if it lasted year as a treatment (although the author of the blog mentions it lasted 6months). It also seems less destructive than laser treatment too.
    Botox when expertly applied is a more tried and tested method to reduce redness, though it does need repeated every 5-6 months. PRP may be more permanent if repeated but there is very little evidence of its success yet. Botox is probably cheaper in general as well, though well worth paying for a very good doctor who is experienced in using it to treat rosacea (such doctors are few and far between). Botox is now available on the NHS as a headache treatment.

Botox when expertly applied is a more tried and tested method to reduce redness, though it does need repeated every 5-6 months. PRP may be more permanent if repeated but there is very little evidence of its success yet. Botox is probably cheaper in general as well, though well worth paying for a very good doctor who is experienced in using it to treat rosacea (such doctors are few and far between). Botox is now available on the NHS as a headache treatment.
    I have read about Botox but i would be concerned about about adding foreign material into my skin. As i rosacea which overlaps with psoriasis. I prefer the idea of something that heals the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    I have read about Botox but i would be concerned about about adding foreign material into my skin. As i rosacea which overlaps with psoriasis. I prefer the idea of something that heals the skin.
    I think because so little plasma treatment has been done so far in rosacea, it's not really clear that it heals the skin on a permanent basis rather than simply rejuvenates it temporarily.

I think because so little plasma treatment has been done so far in rosacea, it's not really clear that it heals the skin on a permanent basis rather than simply rejuvenates it temporarily.
    I agree there is very little documented, i just think it would be great to get out of the damaging cycle. I donít think I can ever stop the rhinophyma I have. But if I can slow it down some what that would be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedimaster2cool View Post
    This may be a different question than what many of you guys are used to. But has anyone here developed social anxiety disorder because of the severe self-esteem issues that rosacea has caused. I want to know how has rosacea affected your life psychologically? Me personally it's ruined my life and has left me on this journey to rid myself of it. Almost as if all my energy and thoughts are geared towards this fight.
    Hi Jedimaster2cool,

I am Dr. Bacheff, MD specialized in dermatology. I understand your condition entirely. Something as simple as a pimple on the face could become a personal "tragedy" for someone, let alone a more serious problem as Rosacea. Even for me as a therapist has been frustrating to see no results with the common medication or treatments that are used for Rosacea. That's why I have been researching for years and have developed a cream that has shown great results with my patients in the past. If you are interested you can go here and see the results for yourself.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help.

Best,

Dr. Bacheff

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bacheff View Post
    Hi Jedimaster2cool,

I am Dr. Bacheff, MD specialized in dermatology. I understand your condition entirely. Something as simple as a pimple on the face could become a personal "tragedy" for someone, let alone a more serious problem as Rosacea. Even for me as a therapist has been frustrating to see no results with the common medication or treatments that are used for Rosacea. That's why I have been researching for years and have developed a cream that has shown great results with my patients in the past. If you are interested you can go here and see the results for yourself.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help.

Best,

Dr. Bacheff
    Please stop advertising your products over this site.