Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Anxiety and Rosacea

There is a review here of platelet rich plasma for rosacea, although the person did get it provided for free I think by the doctor:
    https://talontedlex.co.uk/2016/05/30...-rosceareview/

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    There is a review here of platelet rich plasma for rosacea, although the person did get it provided for free I think by the doctor:
    https://talontedlex.co.uk/2016/05/30...-rosceareview/
    Interesting find if it lasted year as a treatment (although the author of the blog mentions it lasted 6months). It also seems less destructive than laser treatment too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    Interesting find if it lasted year as a treatment (although the author of the blog mentions it lasted 6months). It also seems less destructive than laser treatment too.
    Botox when expertly applied is a more tried and tested method to reduce redness, though it does need repeated every 5-6 months. PRP may be more permanent if repeated but there is very little evidence of its success yet. Botox is probably cheaper in general as well, though well worth paying for a very good doctor who is experienced in using it to treat rosacea (such doctors are few and far between). Botox is now available on the NHS as a headache treatment.

Botox when expertly applied is a more tried and tested method to reduce redness, though it does need repeated every 5-6 months. PRP may be more permanent if repeated but there is very little evidence of its success yet. Botox is probably cheaper in general as well, though well worth paying for a very good doctor who is experienced in using it to treat rosacea (such doctors are few and far between). Botox is now available on the NHS as a headache treatment.
    I have read about Botox but i would be concerned about about adding foreign material into my skin. As i rosacea which overlaps with psoriasis. I prefer the idea of something that heals the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    I have read about Botox but i would be concerned about about adding foreign material into my skin. As i rosacea which overlaps with psoriasis. I prefer the idea of something that heals the skin.
    I think because so little plasma treatment has been done so far in rosacea, it's not really clear that it heals the skin on a permanent basis rather than simply rejuvenates it temporarily.

I think because so little plasma treatment has been done so far in rosacea, it's not really clear that it heals the skin on a permanent basis rather than simply rejuvenates it temporarily.
    I agree there is very little documented, i just think it would be great to get out of the damaging cycle. I donít think I can ever stop the rhinophyma I have. But if I can slow it down some what that would be beneficial.