Thread: I will be sharing my progress, this is my journey

Default I will be sharing my progress, this is my journey

Hello,

So around 12 years ago i had gotten a chemical peel and did not wear sunscreen and my exposed face had gotten sunlight directly on it, and as a result I ended up getting facial erythema or rosacea as a result. I have tried everything under the sun from pills, creams, v beam, ktp laser, ipl, yellow laser, Botox, you name it. It wasn't till around two years when I saw a post here about Stanford dermatology using Cosentyx in clinical trials to treat rosacea that I said why not letís give this a try. I flew down and said ďhey letís see what happens.Ē After my visit and a long trial period, i was sent back home and a few days later the Cosentyx came in. I had to inject two needles into my leg which hurt somewhat. And the next morning to my surprise my redness was starting to recede. I was in shock because i thought to myself this can't be true. Anyways, after a couple of months of trying it the trial was coming to an end and I told myself I needed to get more. But the trial wouldn't allow it. So i set my sights on other way i could try to recede my rosacea. I then went to a stem cell clinic and had gotten stem cells via IV and on top of the redness the Cosentyx had cleared up I was impressed and thought to myself after reading on how stem cells can repair broken blood vessels, I believed after the clinic showed me pictures of other people who they themselves had cleared their erythema that I was on the same track to be cured. The treatments are expensive and I can't dent that I wish they were cheaper. However, after another 5 of them my pockets couldn't take the hits and I was down almost 20,000 with about a good 35% reduction in my estimate. So I set out after getting some info and tried PRP so far a total of 6 injected in my target area and surprisingly my rosacea is 50% cleared. I noticed that when I get in different lighting's it seems as if I can see different layers of my rosacea. Currently my rosacea is good and I can actually see what my natural skin color looks like which is amazing. I do believe the inflammation from the erythema has damaged my skin which is something I want to fix after I keep getting more PRP which lets in growth factors and stem cells in the damaged area of inflammation. Iím currently paying 250$ per treatment at a place I found after searching the net for days from a good source. However, I wonít lie Iím tired of this condition as itís affected my self-esteem and given me social anxiety. Iíll keep you all updated on anything and everything with my progress and feel free to share your thoughts below.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedimaster2cool View Post
    Hello,

So around 12 years ago i had gotten a chemical peel and did not wear sunscreen and my exposed face had gotten sunlight directly on it, and as a result I ended up getting facial erythema or rosacea as a result. I have tried everything under the sun from pills, creams, v beam, ktp laser, ipl, yellow laser, Botox, you name it. It wasn't till around two years when I saw a post here about Stanford dermatology using Cosentyx in clinical trials to treat rosacea that I said why not let’s give this a try. I flew down and said “hey let’s see what happens.” After my visit and a long trial period, i was sent back home and a few days later the Cosentyx came in. I had to inject two needles into my leg which hurt somewhat. And the next morning to my surprise my redness was starting to recede. I was in shock because i thought to myself this can't be true. Anyways, after a couple of months of trying it the trial was coming to an end and I told myself I needed to get more. But the trial wouldn't allow it. So i set my sights on other way i could try to recede my rosacea. I then went to a stem cell clinic and had gotten stem cells via IV and on top of the redness the Cosentyx had cleared up I was impressed and thought to myself after reading on how stem cells can repair broken blood vessels, I believed after the clinic showed me pictures of other people who they themselves had cleared their erythema that I was on the same track to be cured. The treatments are expensive and I can't dent that I wish they were cheaper. However, after another 5 of them my pockets couldn't take the hits and I was down almost 20,000 with about a good 35% reduction in my estimate. So I set out after getting some info and tried PRP so far a total of 6 injected in my target area and surprisingly my rosacea is 50% cleared. I noticed that when I get in different lighting's it seems as if I can see different layers of my rosacea. Currently my rosacea is good and I can actually see what my natural skin color looks like which is amazing. I do believe the inflammation from the erythema has damaged my skin which is something I want to fix after I keep getting more PRP which lets in growth factors and stem cells in the damaged area of inflammation. I’m currently paying 250$ per treatment at a place I found after searching the net for days from a good source. However, I won’t lie I’m tired of this condition as it’s affected my self-esteem and given me social anxiety. I’ll keep you all updated on anything and everything with my progress and feel free to share your thoughts below.
    Hi Very interesting reading your post and it seems we have both been trying to tackle the rosacea in similar way. September 2018 I also had an IV of mesenchymal umbilical cord stem cells at the stem cell institute in Panama (It was pricey at £17,000) My hope was that it would help my Rosacea, Crohns disease and psoriasis. Sadly it did not work for either of my conditions although the clinic have had it work for psoriasis and crohns in the past.

I have also seen the trial about cosentyx for rosacea and it is good to hear some positive feedback, I have been discussing it with my dermatologist, however Consentyx is linked to incidences of IBD (Irritable bowel disease) although it is cautioned on the label for Active disease only. So are you saying it helped your rosacea and prevented redness? Did you have pustules etc? I am now about to start Stelara for my psoriasis and crohns it doesnt block the IL 17A like cosentyx but it reduces IL17 A in the body.

May I ask what is PRP?

PS (I joined a Cosentyx group on facebook and asked if it had helped anyone with rosacea, there were some reports that it caused rosacea so this is interesting to here it helped)
    Last edited by Dan3dwards; 11th September 2019 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    Hi Very interesting reading your post and it seems we have both been trying to tackle the rosacea in similar way. September 2018 I also had an IV of mesenchymal umbilical cord stem cells at the stem cell institute in Panama (It was pricey at £17,000) My hope was that it would help my Rosacea, Crohns disease and psoriasis. Sadly it did not work for either of my conditions although the clinic have had it work for psoriasis and crohns in the past.

I have also seen the trial about cosentyx for rosacea and it is good to hear some positive feedback, I have been discussing it with my dermatologist, however Consentyx is linked to incidences of IBD (Irritable bowel disease) although it is cautioned on the label for Active disease only. So are you saying it helped your rosacea and prevented redness? Did you have pustules etc? I am now about to start Stelara for my psoriasis and crohns it doesnt block the IL 17A like cosentyx but it reduces IL17 A in the body.

May I ask what is PRP?

PS (I joined a Cosentyx group on facebook and asked if it had helped anyone with rosacea, there were some reports that it caused rosacea so this is interesting to here it helped)
    My rosacea is very specific because it's not related to my immune system. What is have is no different than post laser erythema or even topical steroid withdrawal. My erythema was caused because i didn't wear sunscreen after i had gotten a chemical peel. Ironically i read an article about a Chinese girl who got rosacea the same way and was diagnosed by a dermatologist the same way i was. Cosentyx helps with inflammation but if you have psoriasis it can lower the immune system and end up directly giving some rosacea. Yeah i had papules and redness and it helped both, my acne rosacea as you will is just a reaction of my inflammation producing oil glands giving me acne. I actually had the stem cells directly injected into my face lol, because i read that stem cells can actually repair broken blood vessels which is what i have the erythema rosacea. Yes the Cosentyx did help a lot but i have to schedule an appointment with the doctor Anne Chang at the Stanford dermatology, after I hassled them ahahaha. But anyways prp is platelet rich plasma which has growth factors when injected send growth factors in the injected area which call in stem cells to repair the area (especially of inflammation). My hopes are to keep getting more hopefully another 5 or so and be done with this condition. Since rosacea is so diverse we all respond to treatment differently. Also anything intradermally injected always works the best for me. There’s this study I’ve seen that I’m probably going to join you can look at too if you’re interested.

http://fdaaa.trialstracker.net/trial/NCT03883945/

Also if you need any help on finding cheap places for prp let me know dude I can help. I just hate this condition as its destroyed my life and self esteem dude.
    Last edited by Jedimaster2cool; 11th September 2019 at 08:49 PM.