Thread: More than 10 pills of Betaine HCL per meal and no inconfort...

Default More than 10 pills of Betaine HCL per meal and no inconfort...

I have already tried betaine HCL in the past, testimonials about remission with betaine hcl give a lot of hope. I feel many symptoms in addition to rosacea: fatigue, bloating, rayaud's, and I think I sibo. It made sense to me that I was suffering from low stomach acid. So as I said, I tried betaine hcl in the past and I took about 4 pills per meal and thought I was at the maximum dose because most people usually only take one or two. I had no result so I stopped.

However, I wanted to retry. I started to increase the doses considerably, going up to 10 pills per meal (even with light meals). I do not feel any discomfort, heartburn or pain. I started taking this mega dose yesterday and cannot tell if it improves my rosacea or not.

I am surprised, however, that my stomach tolerates such a large amount of betaine hcl.

What do you think ? I must have a very very low stomach acid...

Hmm I wish you luck and hope that this is the problem linking your rosacea. Did you try the baking Soda test?
    I did try this hcl in the past and I really screwed my gut up with it. My stomach and bowels were all over the place for weeks after my experiment so just be careful. I know that my gut is linked to rosacea because when ever I try hcl or any type of digest aid my stomach hurts eventually and my face goes way out of control and extremely over red and aggravated.

I am exactly the same I take 10 HCL Tablets with digestive enzymes and feel nothing as well. I would be really curious to see how many people when they take the baking soda test have low stomach acid.
    I havent gone beyond 10 tablets due to cost and also I am just concerned about over doing it.

Interesting about this link a

https://www.dermatologytimes.com/cur...atory-diseases

We are getting increasing evidence that some of the inflammatory mediators that are released in the skin of rosacea patients and psoriasis patients as well can act systemically so something that is produced in the skin may circulate around and act on vessels of the heart or the lumen of the gut,Ē says Richard L. Gallo M.D., Ph.D

I often take 7 HCL tablets (500mg each) with meals. I never feel any burning unless I donít eat enough. I definitely make little to no stomach acid. HCL has practically eliminated my meal flushing, though I still do not do well with steak (which is a tough texture and hard to digest anyway).

Like you, I was concerned that I was taking too much. my dr said that as long as I donít get burning, reflux, discomfort, etc I would be fine.

I would also add that HCL has helped with hair loss.
    Last edited by sg321; 12th September 2019 at 09:54 PM.

I did an experiment with HCL (with pepsin) earlier in the year. I did the baking soda test and gradually added one pill per few days until I got up to around 10, with no burning or reaction.

I was taking it for post-meal flushing and it definitely had a positive effect, which confirmed to me the relationship between skin/rosacea and gut in my case.

I ended up stopping because I felt like I was playing in the dark a little too much, not knowing exactly what I was doing to my body and stomach. It is definitely something I will revisit in the future though.

Personally, I take pills of 650mg.

Generally, I take 3 before eating and 3 or 4 after eating. But I can easily go up to 10 without any inconvenience.
    I can even take up to 3 or 4 pill on empty stomach! And do not eat behind without feeling pain. I just drink a big glass of water.

I really think that rosacea is related to gut. Acidity is an important thing but I dont know if that's enough to cure. I also take enteric-coated capsules of oregano oil and peppermint oil for sibo for a few days. No big big result but I feel less flush.

I will continue high dose HCL for few weeks and see if good results come.
    It's expensive to take so much pill but I really want to give a chance to what seems to be the most logical solution in view of my symptoms...

It may be a detail but I also have Raynaud's syndrome since adolescence (longer than rosacea).

I think Betaine HCL allows a much better absorption of nutrients and heals food allergies and improves sibo by improving digestion and reacidifying the stomach.

But for a better result, I decided to add a multivitamin, an MSM supplement and Spirulina.
    In this way, I have the right dose of acid to digest well, and the right dose of vitamin and nutrient to improve my health faster.

I'll keep you informed.