Thread: Flushing on temps

Default Flushing on temps

Hi everybody

I took Accutane about 2 years ago, during 6 months at a 30 mg per day.
    Since the third day of the treatment I started feeling hot flushes on my face whereas it never happened before.
    I saw my dermatologist who told me that it was a side effect and that it will dissapear after the end of the treatment, so I continued ...
    Unfortunatelly, 2 years laters, I still have bad flushing.
    It occurs about 30 times a day but lasts hopefully only about 30 secondes. It feels like a burn on my face
    I noticed that it is favoured by heat, stress but what that is crazy is that it can also happen when I am in my house, for no reason ...
    What do you think I can do ?

Here a picture when I flush
    Capture d’écran (22).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
    Hi everybody

I took Accutane about 2 years ago, during 6 months at a 30 mg per day.
    Since the third day of the treatment I started feeling hot flushes on my face whereas it never happened before.
    I saw my dermatologist who told me that it was a side effect and that it will dissapear after the end of the treatment, so I continued ...
    Unfortunatelly, 2 years laters, I still have bad flushing.
    It occurs about 30 times a day but lasts hopefully only about 30 secondes. It feels like a burn on my face
    I noticed that it is favoured by heat, stress but what that is crazy is that it can also happen when I am in my house, for no reason ...
    What do you think I can do ?

Here a picture when I flush
    Capture d’écran (22).jpg
    Flushing during or after taking accutane is reported quite a lot on this forum. The medicine that seems to help most with the accutane-flushing is hydroxychloroquine, but a blood pressure controlling medication like moxonodine or clonidine can also be helpful. Do you have itching and burning - in this case you might want to treat for demodex mites as well with Zhongzhou cream, available on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Flushing during or after taking accutane is reported quite a lot on this forum. The medicine that seems to help most with the accutane-flushing is hydroxychloroquine, but a blood pressure controlling medication like moxonodine or clonidine can also be helpful. Do you have itching and burning - in this case you might want to treat for demodex mites as well with Zhongzhou cream, available on Amazon.
    Hey antwantsclear,

Do you still take hydroxychloroquine? How is it working for you? I too did take Accutane

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    Hey antwantsclear,

Do you still take hydroxychloroquine? How is it working for you? I too did take Accutane
    Hydroxychloroquine still helps me a lot - it does seem to correct some of the problems caused by accutane, so worth trying.