Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V-Beam Purpura Healing Stages

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I checked again earlier, and everything is a little bit lighter. The redness is disappearing but so very slowly. A moisteriser burned my face a few weeks ago and I was upset and annoyed as I knew this is could disrupt my healing.

I'm using CereVe moisterising cream as well as aloe vera.

Hi,

Have you known anyone who has tried the V beam laser on Harley Street London? Surely the quality of the surgeon must be high? I recently went to my dentist
    who said I needed a filling and I didn't agree with the advice I was given, so I checked google reviews and the later years showed more dissatisfaction with her. I
    went elsewhere and I didn't need a filling! Thanks google reviews for pointing me in the right direction. Is there anything like this for dermatologists/cosmetic surgeons.
    My GPs have not been very supportive in explaining procedures or choosing surgeons, which is pathetic given that Brexit will give them 350 million a week unless that is another lie!

I'm just wondering whether it is quality of healthcare provider that is holding you back?

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    Hi,

Have you known anyone who has tried the V beam laser on Harley Street London? Surely the quality of the surgeon must be high? I recently went to my dentist
    who said I needed a filling and I didn't agree with the advice I was given, so I checked google reviews and the later years showed more dissatisfaction with her. I
    went elsewhere and I didn't need a filling! Thanks google reviews for pointing me in the right direction. Is there anything like this for dermatologists/cosmetic surgeons.
    My GPs have not been very supportive in explaining procedures or choosing surgeons, which is pathetic given that Brexit will give them 350 million a week unless that is another lie!

I'm just wondering whether it is quality of healthcare provider that is holding you back?
    If you look at Harley Street dermatologists and others in London, there does appear to be a lot of fake reviews, I've noticed.

I had Vbeam on 15th November. The three months have elapsed and I still have red marks on my face from the laser. However, it has lightened a little since I last reported on 7th February.

I need to stop looking at it daily, otherwise I'll never truly notice how much it really is healing.

Without a doubt, this is the longest I've taken to heal, but this is the first time I've had PDL on the face during the colde months, and boy is it cold right now.

Also, that damn moisteriser that burned my face definitely played a part. Still very angered by that. The moisteriser is one I've used for years and always applied to a wet face. The day it burned my face, my face wasn't very wet. That is the only explanation.

I've been in touch with the laser office and all they did was book me for another laser session. I cancelled it. I don't a consultation as I think that would be overkill.

I just want some assurance about healing time in winter, considering the burned face scenario on top of that.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Default Doctor recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by joeychaps123 View Post
    Really appreciate both your replies. I think im going to stay away from the ND;YAG my experience has been really disappointing and both your testimonials also confirm that. it sounds like you've both had really good treatments with vbeam, I dont suppose you can recommend anyone around London? Were you both able to achieve your results without the usual 2-3 week bruising?

Thanks again.
    My doctor recommended DR. Firas Al Niami. He is in London. Good luck

My face still hasn't healed from the red marks created by vBeam (PDL).

Sure - things have lightened a little more but there are absolutely STILL red marks on my face which are very reactive and flushy. Hot meals or cold weather makes these areas so red that it often looks like I had the treatment only a few weeks ago.

This has been a disaster, but hopefully one I can mitigate with the Niacinamide I am using daily (nearly three weeks so far). I also have Vitamin C and lactic acid which should help with cell turnover.

The fact that the weather in the UK has plugned to freezing doesn't help. I'm wearing a scarf over my face in public outdoors.

Most people assume it's a C-19 thing but little do they know I'm protecting my skin.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

My face still hasn't healed from the red marks created by vBeam (PDL).

Sure - things have lightened a little more but there are absolutely STILL red marks on my face which are very reactive and flushy. Hot meals or cold weather makes these areas so red that it often looks like I had the treatment only a few weeks ago.

This has been a disaster, but hopefully one I can mitigate with the Niacinamide I am using daily (nearly three weeks so far). I also have Vitamin C and lactic acid which should help with cell turnover.

The fact that the weather in the UK has plugned to freezing doesn't help. I'm wearing a scarf over my face in public outdoors.

Most people assume it's a C-19 thing but little do they know I'm protecting my skin.
    Try Dermalogica barrier repair cream and skinceutical epidermal repair cream. These both help to strengthen the skin's barrier as much as possible. The first is also good at killing demodex mites.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Try Dermalogica barrier repair cream and skinceutical epidermal repair cream. These both help to strengthen the skin's barrier as much as possible. The first is also good at killing demodex mites.
    I think those products are very expensive - or at least one of them is. I'm using CereVe moisturising cream with ceramides. I use this after my moisturiser/niacinamide has been applied to my face and allowed to dry.

Some days, I wear a layer of vaseline on my face for extra occlusion.

Overall, these red marks, although caused by the laser, seem to be in the same category as those people get when they've had acne. It is without a doubt PIE, which is known to be particularly stubborn.

I'll see where I'm at come the 6 month mark, which is 2 weeks from now. I doubt much will have changed but overall, compared to where I was 3 months ago, everything has lightened slightly.

I think those products are very expensive - or at least one of them is. I'm using CereVe moisturising cream with ceramides. I use this after my moisturiser/niacinamide has been applied to my face and allowed to dry.

Some days, I wear a layer of vaseline on my face for extra occlusion.

Overall, these red marks, although caused by the laser, seem to be in the same category as those people get when they've had acne. It is without a doubt PIE, which is known to be particularly stubborn.

I'll see where I'm at come the 6 month mark, which is 2 weeks from now. I doubt much will have changed but overall, compared to where I was 3 months ago, everything has lightened slightly.
    Yeah they are expensive - but they work and are a lot cheaper than laser. You can get samples of either if you search for providers.

I have experienced damage from IPL and laser - and what you really need to do is to build up the skin barrier so it can support the superficial blood vessels as well as possible. The dermalogica barrier repair cream is about 36 pounds on Amazon.co.uk.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 3rd May 2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Yeah they are expensive - but they work and are a lot cheaper than laser. You can get samples of either if you search for providers.

I have experienced damage from IPL and laser - and what you really need to do is to build up the skin barrier so it can support the superficial blood vessels as well as possible. The dermalogica barrier repair cream is about 36 pounds on Amazon.co.uk.
    I'm looking for a sample sized product but cannot find any. If you know where I can purchase a sample, please send me a product link.

How long have you been using this for and what did it visibly do for your skin?