Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V-Beam Purpura Healing Stages

I can't advise about the specific side effect you're getting, but I agree with the suggestion to stay away from Nd:YAG. I think it made my flushing worse, it's not the optimal wavelength for destroying veins, and my dermatologist thinks it can cause angiogenesis. I've had good experiences with the latest Vbeam model operated by a specialized dermatologist, though it's important to take a cautious approach to any light-based treatment and to carefully evaluate the operator and the equipment he or she plans to use. With the doctor I'm seeing now, we worked slowly worked our way up to the maximum settings over 5 treatments, and using this approach I was able to get good results with minimal downtime and bruising.

Though my dermatologist doesn't approve of it, you might also want to look into topical tranexamic acid.

As an aside, unless I've misunderstood, Nd:YAG is not a PDL (there is no dye).

Really appreciate both your replies. I think im going to stay away from the ND;YAG my experience has been really disappointing and both your testimonials also confirm that. it sounds like you've both had really good treatments with vbeam, I dont suppose you can recommend anyone around London? Were you both able to achieve your results without the usual 2-3 week bruising?

Thanks again.

Sorry my doctor is in the states. I'm getting ready to see him for a treatment and I'll see if he can recommend someone there. In the past there has been a problem in the UK because a lot of doctors there do no have PDL because of the cost of the laser. But that was some time ago and maybe things have changed

Quote Originally Posted by joeychaps123 View Post
    Really appreciate both your replies. I think im going to stay away from the ND;YAG my experience has been really disappointing and both your testimonials also confirm that. it sounds like you've both had really good treatments with vbeam, I dont suppose you can recommend anyone around London? Were you both able to achieve your results without the usual 2-3 week bruising?

Thanks again.
    I would recommend Dr Sheth who works out of the Lister Hospital, and I believe will be back at Guy's and St Thomas in March.

I have seen him for 7 years, had multiple laser treatments, both bruising and non-bruising. He's very experienced and incredibly kind and compassionate.

Hope that helps.

appreciate the replies! seb is Dr Seth private at lister hospiatel and nhs at guys? did you go private? i am going to look into this thanks alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    I would recommend Dr Sheth who works out of the Lister Hospital, and I believe will be back at Guy's and St Thomas in March.

I have seen him for 7 years, had multiple laser treatments, both bruising and non-bruising. He's very experienced and incredibly kind and compassionate.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm considering seeing Dr Sheth possibly sometime this year but I'm worried as I have a lot of pain in the areas which I've flushed.

The pain is there when I'm pale as well. Did you find the v beam helped with that as well as the redness?

Is it normal for it to take longer than three months for the redness produced by Vbeam to resolve? I'm at three months right now, and still have visible marks from the laser on my cheeks and temples.

The current cold weather we have here irritates it so much, that it becomes very bright red and looks like the treatment could have been done only last week.

It has faded to a more normal colour as I write this - more skin looking - but the redness never goes away completely. This is the longest it's taken me to heal. It's also the first time I've been healing in winter - which it is here in the UK.

I've never before witnessed the effect ice-cold air has on my skin in the latter stages of Vbeam healing. I hope that if I just stop looking at it and let it be, that the next time I DO check, I'll notice a positive improvement.

This is my third treatment, and I hear it does seem to take longer to heal with subsequent treatments.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Is it normal for it to take longer than three months for the redness produced by Vbeam to resolve? I'm at three months right now, and still have visible marks from the laser on my cheeks and temples.

The current cold weather we have here irritates it so much, that it becomes very bright red and looks like the treatment could have been done only last week.

It has faded to a more normal colour as I write this - more skin looking - but the redness never goes away completely. This is the longest it's taken me to heal. It's also the first time I've been healing in winter - which it is here in the UK.

I've never before witnessed the effect ice-cold air has on my skin in the latter stages of Vbeam healing. I hope that if I just stop looking at it and let it be, that the next time I DO check, I'll notice a positive improvement.

This is my third treatment, and I hear it does seem to take longer to heal with subsequent treatments.
    The cold will definitely delay the healing. It seems that there is only so much the skin/ nerves/ barrier can take, but 3 is relatively few so wrap up warm when outside ( ski masks are great) and your skin should heal quickly. A word of warning-don’t have too many as you could end up with damaged facial nerves. Incredibly sore.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post

Unfortunately, Vbeam can lead to the development of new veins. I suspect that is what has happened in your case. The same medications that can help with flushing and redness can help with this. This is why Vbeam is such a risky option. Tackling the demodex mites with Zhongzhou cream will likely reduce the redness a little. Also did you try the Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair cream I suggested - this is specifically designed for healing after laser treatments. Over time less and less people seem to be using laser and IPL for rosacea treatments because of these frequent reports of them worsening the skin.

If you're still worried about redness and flushing I'd try the relevant medicines - moxonodine, hydroxychloroquine, propranolol, maybe mirtazapine etc.

I checked again earlier, and everything is a little bit lighter. The redness is disappearing but so very slowly. A moisteriser burned my face a few weeks ago and I was upset and annoyed as I knew this is could disrupt my healing.

I'm using CereVe moisterising cream as well as aloe vera.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."