Thread: Portable IPL some experience?

Default Portable IPL some experience?

Hello,

I have found some portable IPL machines so I am curious if it can be used for redness treatment.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Remo...dp/B085NNDXCS/
    https://www.amazon.com/intense-pulse.../dp/B07BY971F9
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/IPL-Permane...s/273889350242
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-ta...w/283826918245

Is there someone who have some experience with these kinds of IPL machines? It can be compared to a "real" IPL machine that is used for rosacea/redness treatment?

Thanks

No experience with them, and too dangerous to try in my opinion. And at those prices you could hire a dermatologist for a course of treatments.

No experience, but yes, if anyone looking for a well-experienced dermatologist consultation on laser treatments, then contact Lucere Dermatologist and laser Clinic. https://www.lucereskin.com/treatments/

Iíve also been looking into this.

I understand itís potentially risky, however Iím based in the UK and thereís no end to the lockdown currently in sight. Today thereís even talk of not allowing hairdressers/salons open until the end of the year.

Iím assuming my dermatologist also falls under that category and I am concerned about waiting that long for a treatment!

I looked at some of the handheld hair removal devices but I donít think that they will be strong enough to have any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaveitnow View Post
    Iíve also been looking into this.

I understand itís potentially risky, however Iím based in the UK and thereís no end to the lockdown currently in sight. Today thereís even talk of not allowing hairdressers/salons open until the end of the year.

Iím assuming my dermatologist also falls under that category and I am concerned about waiting that long for a treatment!

I looked at some of the handheld hair removal devices but I donít think that they will be strong enough to have any impact.
    thats the case with me.

Was due to see my derm again as the cream they gave me wasnt working. made it worse, so i went back to mirvaso gel and now onto ZZ cream.

By now if it wasnt for Covid-19 i would be looking at IPL for the redness on my nose and cheeks.

Worried now when that will ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    thats the case with me.

Was due to see my derm again as the cream they gave me wasnt working. made it worse, so i went back to mirvaso gel and now onto ZZ cream.

By now if it wasnt for Covid-19 i would be looking at IPL for the redness on my nose and cheeks.

Worried now when that will ever happen
    My dermatologist said they are aiming to open again in June, however this was a few weeks ago and I havenít heard anything since.

With all the developments in recent days, hopefully they will be able to open provided they can keep everyone safe. I donít see why her with goggles, gloves and a mask one wonít be able to carry out a laser treatment soon, provided they limit the amount of people visiting and clean everything between appointments.

Fingers crossed we can get back to treating the condition properly soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaveitnow View Post
    My dermatologist said they are aiming to open again in June, however this was a few weeks ago and I havenít heard anything since.

With all the developments in recent days, hopefully they will be able to open provided they can keep everyone safe. I donít see why her with goggles, gloves and a mask one wonít be able to carry out a laser treatment soon, provided they limit the amount of people visiting and clean everything between appointments.

Fingers crossed we can get back to treating the condition properly soon!
    fingers crossed .