Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: V-Beam Purpura Healing Stages

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default V-Beam Purpura Healing Stages

    Hello everyone, sorry for another post. I had my first ever purpuric V-Beam treatment on the 22nd of August, and it is the 31st today. Initially my purpura on my face were purple, and now they are combination of (mostly) red and (some) light red marks. My question is, what is the NORMAL color changes of a purpuric vbeam treatment, and in which days do these color changes usually occur? I know it is different for everyone, but any bit of information helps. I am freaking out, its more than a week already, and I'm worried it will not heal anymore, or if it became hyper pigmentation or is stained. Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    148
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nepia View Post
    Hello everyone, sorry for another post. I had my first ever purpuric V-Beam treatment on the 22nd of August, and it is the 31st today. Initially my purpura on my face were purple, and now they are combination of (mostly) red and (some) light red marks. My question is, what is the NORMAL color changes of a purpuric vbeam treatment, and in which days do these color changes usually occur? I know it is different for everyone, but any bit of information helps. I am freaking out, its more than a week already, and I'm worried it will not heal anymore, or if it became hyper pigmentation or is stained. Thank you so much.
    Hey nepia,

    I know vbeam can be quite daunting, but I can share some images of treatment that I had which hopefully will put your mind a bit more at ease. Drop me a PM and i'll send you them through.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Hey nepia,

    I know vbeam can be quite daunting, but I can share some images of treatment that I had which hopefully will put your mind a bit more at ease. Drop me a PM and i'll send you them through.
    Hello, I appreciate the reply. That would be great if you could, thank you so much! But I am unable to send you a PM, I don't see a PM option.
    Last edited by nepia; 3rd September 2019 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Hey nepia,

    I know vbeam can be quite daunting, but I can share some images of treatment that I had which hopefully will put your mind a bit more at ease. Drop me a PM and i'll send you them through.
    Hello Seb91, I can finally send PMs now. I sent you one

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    310
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nepia View Post
    Hello Seb91, I can finally send PMs now. I sent you one
    I have some YouTube videos on my channel where you can see the marks caused by vBeam.

    They start off very purple looking and change to red and finally an orangish colour.

    That orance can hang around for some time. Get yourself some Hyluronic acid and Niacinamide to help resolve things over time. The Ordinary do good products.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.



    T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    310
    Country: UK

    Default

    By the way, I had my previous Vbeam treatment on November 15th. It is now 21st December and I'm still not healed.

    The bruising has faded a LOT, but there are still obvious marks on my face where I had the treatment.

    If you didn't know I'd had laser, a person might just assume I've been in a fight or had an accident. The redness also resembles rosacea a little, and yet I know for a fact the redness I see is from the treatment because it's in the same shape.

    The untreated areas surrounding the treatment sites are totally normal, but today, my treated areas are still red looking due to the laser.

    It has been nearly 5 weeks and I hoped to be healed now apart from PIH marks. Ideally, I wanted to see blanched, white skin by now, but this particular treatment seems to be taking much longer than all the others.

    My first two seemed to heal in around 3-4 weeks. I've always used vaseline to keep the skin moist. I have it on now as I write this.

    Has anyone else noted that it seems to take longer to heal with each subsequent treatment?

    Here's my video documenteing the days leading up to and after my November 15th Vbeam:



    Watch on YouTube
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.



    T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    By the way, I had my previous Vbeam treatment on November 15th. It is now 21st December and I'm still not healed.

    The bruising has faded a LOT, but there are still obvious marks on my face where I had the treatment.

    If you didn't know I'd had laser, a person might just assume I've been in a fight or had an accident. The redness also resembles rosacea a little, and yet I know for a fact the redness I see is from the treatment because it's in the same shape.

    The untreated areas surrounding the treatment sites are totally normal, but today, my treated areas are still red looking due to the laser.

    It has been nearly 5 weeks and I hoped to be healed now apart from PIH marks. Ideally, I wanted to see blanched, white skin by now, but this particular treatment seems to be taking much longer than all the others.

    My first two seemed to heal in around 3-4 weeks. I've always used vaseline to keep the skin moist. I have it on now as I write this.

    Has anyone else noted that it seems to take longer to heal with each subsequent treatment?

    Here's my video documenteing the days leading up to and after my November 15th Vbeam:



    Watch on YouTube
    Yes I have noticed this after IPL and Vbeam treatments. This, in the end, is why even people with rosacea who initially find such treatments helpful, eventually quit having them. Prof Tony Chu also found medicines (i.e. moxonodine, clonidine, mirtazapine, hydroxychloroquine, atenolol, mepacrine etc) were a more reliable treatment for rosacea, although he did use laser as well.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 21st December 2019 at 06:04 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    It has been nearly 5 weeks and I hoped to be healed now apart from PIH marks. Ideally, I wanted to see blanched, white skin by now, but this particular treatment seems to be taking much longer than all the others.

    My first two seemed to heal in around 3-4 weeks. I've always used vaseline to keep the skin moist. I have it on now as I write this.

    Has anyone else noted that it seems to take longer to heal with each subsequent treatment?
    I have noticed that it takes me longer to heal after each treatment, but the doctor I've been seeing uses more energy on each treatment. The latest time he said he used the maximum settings, and I got two bruises on an upper cheek which have taken about 10 days to fade into a red marks. Most of the obvious spots where I was treated fade by the next day with paracetemol/acetaminophen and diphenhydramine. This latest time I have some general redness on cheeks and nose which is slowly fading over the last two weeks. Soaking with tranexamic acid solution seems to make the redness and bruises fade faster, but my dermatologist recommended against this due to lack of data and concerns about the integrity of the mixture.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    23
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Sorry to hijack this thread but i wanted to see if anyone could advise me about pdl.

    Ive just had my third PDL (YAG) with bruising. ive developed this dark patch/ broken vein right under my right eye. I, and still do have quite a bit of background redness and flush quite badly but never had any broken veins before. I can also weirdly feel it on my face it kind of burns/stings ever so slightly. I do remember when the derm was zapping my face, the place where the vein has appeared was particularly painful during the procedure. ( im not sure if its sensitive spot just under the eye or if he went too close? could this be the reason?)

    Has anyone ever encountered this as a side effect of PDL? I chose PDL as i thought it was the safest of lasers but have been really disappointed with how the treatment has turned out. Im about 2 half months post 3rd session and still have quite a lot of redness. (the bruising faded a while ago) Its maybe taken some redness away at the side of my face but my cheeks are still pretty red and i feel like I flush more now.

    I would of stopped the treatment as its costly, the down time is long and the results have been really disappointing. But now i feel like I need to address this vein on my check that has appeared. I have a consultation in a couple of weeks, would anyone recommend having further treatment in removing the vein? im scared it could make it worse as the laser is the cause.

    Has anyone heard of this happening before or could advice me on what to do this would be a big help! Thanks

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    738
    Country: United States

    Default Pdl

    The only thing I got from the yag laser is scars. It has a record of causing complications. It did nothing for my flushing. I have had success with vbeam perfecta. Over the years (yes years) I was being treated there have been several upgrades to this laser and each one gave me more clearance. I went from home bound to having almost no restrictions. I will still flush in very high temperatures but it resolves quickly once I'm out of the heat. I will emphasize that it is also very important to also find a doctor that has experience using this laser. There are a lot of doctors who have minimal experience With treating Rosacea, especially with lasers.Bad outcomes are often blamed on the laser when it's really the person using that laser.

Similar Threads

  1. The Difference Between Purpura and Non-Purpura V-Beam Lasers
    By silverss in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 9th August 2015, 08:29 PM
  2. Permanent Diffused Redness and Vbeam? Purpura or no-purpura?
    By RedMan84 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th February 2014, 02:51 AM
  3. Difference between post-treatment redness and purpura from V-Beam?
    By lilbitworried in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 10:51 PM
  4. Aiding Healing after V Beam
    By roz in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th June 2009, 11:47 PM
  5. v beam/post treatment is it purpura?
    By mills in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd February 2008, 11:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •