Thread: Oral Ivermectin (Horse Paste)

Default Oral Ivermectin (Horse Paste)

Hello, I'm just wondering about the oral ivermectin I heard people talking about on this webpage down below, has the oral ivermectin worked for anyone where topical ivermectin hadn't worked. I took Soolantra for 9 months and didn't get clearance so I'm wondering if the demodex brevis (that live deep in the pore and not on the surface) can be tackled with oral ivermectin and if this has been effective for people ?

oral ivermectin (horse paste)
    https://irosacea.org/forums/topic/41...osacea/?page=2

Has this worked for anyone ?
    Last edited by andydoyle; 30th August 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Andy,

The horse paste in the thread you are linking to is to be used topically NOT ingesting it orally, but as you have pointed out Rory has been trying it orally, ingesting it. We have a post on ORAL IVERMECTIN for rosacea which is helpful to read on this subject. While many have reported that it is probably not a good idea to ingest the horse paste, ORAL IVERMECTIN has been used for decades on other diseases with much success, but very little is published on taking oral ivermectin for rosacea, but hopefully in the future there will be more reports. This one report on using ivermectin orally published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases is the only one I have found on demodectic rosacea. If others find anything else it would be helpful to cite any other papers on this subject. Did find this one other paper that is related:

"A diagnosis of Demodex folliculitis was made, and the patient was prescribed 2 doses of oral ivermectin, 200 μg/kg, spaced 1 week apart. All pustules, swelling, and erythema resolved 2 weeks after the start of the first dose of ivermectin (Fig 3), and all scaling resolved after an additional week without further treatment. She did not require use of any topical medications and did not have any further facial rashes after treatment."
    JAAD Case Rep. 2019 Jul; 5(7): 639–641.
    Perioral Demodex folliculitis masquerading as perioral dermatitis in the peripartum period
    Dema T. Alniemi, MD and David L. Chen, MD
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 2nd September 2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi