Thread: Soolantra Metrogel.

Default Soolantra Metrogel.

The my derm suggested using these . Soolantra at night and metrogel in the morning.
    I’ve tried in the past but got more bumps and redness.
    I’m trying again and the same thing is happening. I can’t figure out which one is making it worse .
    Is it normal to use these together?
    I have severe burning on my chin.
    But I’m now getting little swellings but not like spots.
    Does this go away ����*♀️

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    The my derm suggested using these . Soolantra at night and metrogel in the morning.
    Iíve tried in the past but got more bumps and redness.
    Iím trying again and the same thing is happening. I canít figure out which one is making it worse .
    Is it normal to use these together?
    I have severe burning on my chin.
    But Iím now getting little swellings but not like spots.
    Does this go away ����*♀️
    Soolantra can make things worse before it gets better- I believe it takes most people a month or two to have good results with it.
    The theory is that as the demodex mites die off the bacteria can irritate skin, so symptoms increase until more of the mite population dies off.
    Hope that is in someway helpful.

Some new light on the demodex mites are:

(1) Movement

"In the examination of healthy people by light microscopy, Demodex mites were detected in 6 cases (2.8%). Given the ability of the mites to move over the surface of the skin at a speed of 8-16 mm/h, as well as random selection of the study site, this fact does not prove the absence of mites."

(2) After 30 days of Ivermectin Treatment there is an INCREASE of demodex mites

"Patients enrolled in subgroup A received only external therapy with a drug containing 1% ivermectin in the form of a cream 1 time per day for 30 days. Patients enrolled in subgroup B received a drug containing 250 mg of metronidazole systemically 2 times a day, externally 1% metronidazole in the form of a gel 1 time per day for 30 days. A repeat visit of the patients took place after 30 days of continuous therapy. Subjectively, treatment regimens of patients were well tolerated, no side effects were noted, no patient was excluded from the study. When comparing the efficacy of the therapy, it was found that statistically significantly more Demodex mites were found after treatment with confocal laser scanning in vivo microscopy (P≤0.05) (Table 7)."

Nevertheless, the ivermectin treatment after the 30 days IMPROVED rosacea even though the mites increased.

"Analysis of the clinical picture showed a positive dynamics of therapy, which manifested itself in a significant decrease in the number of morphological elements characterizing the severity of inflammation (P≤0.05). The effectiveness of the therapy was confirmed by a reduction in subjective complaints of patients after the treatment, and patients who received only external therapy had no complaints of a feeling of lusters of skin and the appearance of greasy lusters, which is an additional advantage."

More information

(3) Reduced TLR2 expression in sebocytes

“Our results also show for the first time that Demodex mites secrete bioactive molecules that reduced TLR2 expression in sebocytes.”

More information

Conclusion:
    IF you take time to browse through the king of Soolantra threads, you will note that there are a significant number of reports that it gets WORSE before it gets better and usually takes 12 weeks for clearance.
    Your doctor probably gave you an excellent regimen to try, Soolantra at night, wash off in am, apply metronidazole in the am for the day time treatment and repeat each day. In four weeks you should know if this is improving your skin.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 2nd September 2019 at 11:19 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Some new light on the demodex mites are:

(1) Movement

"In the examination of healthy people by light microscopy, Demodex mites were detected in 6 cases (2.8%). Given the ability of the mites to move over the surface of the skin at a speed of 8-16 mm/h, as well as random selection of the study site, this fact does not prove the absence of mites."

(2) After 30 days of Ivermectin Treatment there is an INCREASE of demodex mites

"Patients enrolled in subgroup A received only external therapy with a drug containing 1% ivermectin in the form of a cream 1 time per day for 30 days. Patients enrolled in subgroup B received a drug containing 250 mg of metronidazole systemically 2 times a day, externally 1% metronidazole in the form of a gel 1 time per day for 30 days. A repeat visit of the patients took place after 30 days of continuous therapy. Subjectively, treatment regimens of patients were well tolerated, no side effects were noted, no patient was excluded from the study. When comparing the efficacy of the therapy, it was found that statistically significantly more Demodex mites were found after treatment with confocal laser scanning in vivo microscopy (P≤0.05) (Table 7)."

Nevertheless, the ivermectin treatment after the 30 days IMPROVED rosacea even though the mites increased.

"Analysis of the clinical picture showed a positive dynamics of therapy, which manifested itself in a significant decrease in the number of morphological elements characterizing the severity of inflammation (P≤0.05). The effectiveness of the therapy was confirmed by a reduction in subjective complaints of patients after the treatment, and patients who received only external therapy had no complaints of a feeling of lusters of skin and the appearance of greasy lusters, which is an additional advantage."

More information

(3) Reduced TLR2 expression in sebocytes

“Our results also show for the first time that Demodex mites secrete bioactive molecules that reduced TLR2 expression in sebocytes.”

More information

Conclusion:
    IF you take time to browse through the king of Soolantra threads, you will note that there are a significant number of reports that it gets WORSE before it gets better and usually takes 12 weeks for clearance.
    Your doctor probably gave you an excellent regimen to try, Soolantra at night, wash off in am, apply metronidazole in the am for the day time treatment and repeat each day. In four weeks you should know if this is improving your skin.
    Yeah I know about it taking time and getting worse It’s the metrogel I think my skin doesn’t like.
    I’ve dropped it.