Thread: duloxetine

Default duloxetine

If offered duloxetine for neuropathic pain PLEASE READ UP ABOUT IT before taking it.
    This drug did nothing but make my life hell. And withdraw is hell also.
    Acupuncture is helping much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    If offered duloxetine for neuropathic pain PLEASE READ UP ABOUT IT before taking it.
    This drug did nothing but make my life hell. And withdraw is hell also.
    Acupuncture is helping much better.
    What symptoms do you have? I am really interested in acupuncture, in order to improve my flushing and burning.

Quote Originally Posted by 3jun View Post
    What symptoms do you have? I am really interested in acupuncture, in order to improve my flushing and burning.

I have the lot plus tremors.
    Iím paying to see a top derm tomorrow also, canít wait for NHS any longer.
    My savings are down to almost 0 but need to get at least a diagnosis.
    As still not had a proper diagnosis.
    Off to acupuncture now . What are your symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I have the lot plus tremors.
    Iím paying to see a top derm tomorrow also, canít wait for NHS any longer.
    My savings are down to almost 0 but need to get at least a diagnosis.
    As still not had a proper diagnosis.
    Off to acupuncture now . What are your symptoms?
    Yeah, it is very frustratingÖ
    Mine are mainly type 1, permanent redness, flushing and burning. That is why I wanna try acupuncture or any other option (supplements, LED therapyÖ)
    Hope you find the answers you are looking for and feel better overtime.

Yeah, it is very frustratingÖ
    Mine are mainly type 1, permanent redness, flushing and burning. That is why I wanna try acupuncture or any other option (supplements, LED therapyÖ)
    Hope you find the answers you are looking for and feel better overtime.
    Do you find that heat is a big trigger for you? If so what temperature causes a flush? Do you also get broken capillaries like the telang.? Also, does pressure bother your face too? Like lying down in one side of your face?

Thanks
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Do you find that heat is a big trigger for you? If so what temperature causes a flush? Do you also get broken capillaries like the telang.? Also, does pressure bother your face too? Like lying down in one side of your face?

Thanks
    Angela
    Yes! Heat and temperature changes (like in Winter, going from the cold of outside to a room with the heating on. Think this is my biggest trigger, the heating). When the temperature is stable, like un summer, my skin and flushing behave.
    Dont have many broken capillaries, some in the nose and in one part of the cheek.
    And my other big trigger is lying down. In bed I can feel the flushing and burning, while during the rest of the day I have not that flushing and burning if I am constantly moving and standing.

Guess you suffer from the same things, right? Have you found something that helps you?

Yes! Heat and temperature changes (like in Winter, going from the cold of outside to a room with the heating on. Think this is my biggest trigger, the heating). When the temperature is stable, like un summer, my skin and flushing behave.
    Dont have many broken capillaries, some in the nose and in one part of the cheek.
    And my other big trigger is lying down. In bed I can feel the flushing and burning, while during the rest of the day I have not that flushing and burning if I am constantly moving and standing.

Guess you suffer from the same things, right? Have you found something that helps you?
    Wow! We are all so different but in many ways the same. I was diagnosed with neurogenic rosacea but I believe that I may have a crossover of subtype one rosacea. I donít have broken capillaries on my nose and chin and forehead are not affected. I can get a flush completely over my whole entire face even my eyelids burn. My trigger is heat and pressure or touch. I keep my house in Florida at 69į but I still carry a handheld fan and a spray bottle because I need constant airflow on my face. It has been a little better the past week because I adjusted some medications. I do not go outside at all except to get to my car to go into the office and I actually have someone do my grocery shopping because itís just too difficult for me.

My tendency is to flare up every evening and my face swells. When I have a bad flare my face feels as if acid is being poured on it. It is a horrible, horrible pain that can last up to seven hours. My ears are also affected. I donít have a problem lying down like you do. I put a cold pack thatís made for my pillowcase inside of it and I also use three ice packs to sleep on one for my ear and two for my cheeks but I donít sleep on the cold side I sleep on the cloth side which is perfect. I can sometimes sleep through the night or I get up just once to change out ice packs and cooling pads.

I take .2 mg of clonidine three times a day, propanolol 40 mg three times a day, LDN ( low-dose naltrexone) 1.5 mg at bedtime, CBD capsules 25 mg once a day and a new supplement Palmitoylethanolamide that I heard about on One of the posts. My main goal is just to tolerate heat better even if itís just indoors without the handheld fan and spray bottle. I think the LDN has helped in that regard to an extent. Many of us that started using the LDN were supposed to go from 1.5 mg up to 4.5 mg but what we found along the way was the higher dose that we did the worse our symptoms became. Many of us have dropped down to a lower dose and have had better results from that. Some people on another post have done remarkable and really well on the LDN. It doesnít work for everybody.

Take Care
    Angela