Thread: Post Purpuric Vbeam HELP

Default Post Purpuric Vbeam HELP

Hello, I made this account recently, but have been a long time lurker on this forum. 2 days ago, I did my first ever full face purpuric vbeam, and ended with a lot of purpura, which is normal and I expected it. Most of the purpura was where my cheeks were, but my full face was treated. But what is freaking me out right now is the fact that there have are several raised bumps on my face (most of them are NOT where the purrpura are), and these raised bumps are very itchy. Is this normal? And has this ever happened to anyone before? And if it did, what do you guys think of applying a steroid cream to the bumpy areas? Thank you!

- A worried person

Quote Originally Posted by nepia View Post
    Hello, I made this account recently, but have been a long time lurker on this forum. 2 days ago, I did my first ever full face purpuric vbeam, and ended with a lot of purpura, which is normal and I expected it. Most of the purpura was where my cheeks were, but my full face was treated. But what is freaking me out right now is the fact that there have are several raised bumps on my face (most of them are NOT where the purrpura are), and these raised bumps are very itchy. Is this normal? And has this ever happened to anyone before? And if it did, what do you guys think of applying a steroid cream to the bumpy areas? Thank you!

- A worried person
    It's hard to see without pictures. I wouldn't worry, raised bumps are normal where the laser hits, could just be swelling? I have had over 15+ Vbeams and my skin reacts differently everytime, so I wouldn't worry. Just keep positive, and I hope the treatment is successful for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    It's hard to see without pictures. I wouldn't worry, raised bumps are normal where the laser hits, could just be swelling? I have had over 15+ Vbeams and my skin reacts differently everytime, so I wouldn't worry. Just keep positive, and I hope the treatment is successful for you!
    Thank you for the quick reply. I hope so too.. I have attached a picture, if it changes anything. IMG_1264.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply. I hope so too.. I have attached a picture, if it changes anything. IMG_1264.jpg
    Just looks like small spots? I usually break out after Vbeam as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Just looks like small spots? I usually break out after Vbeam as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope that's the case , thank you!

I hope that's the case , thank you!
    It may be demodex mite infection. Treatments such as accutane and laser/IPL which disrupt the skin's barrier potentially make the skin more prone to mite infection. Soolantra would help if its a mite infection - this should be easy to get from your doctor.

I'd probably try an antihistamine and talk to the doctor about it. Hopefully you're having treatments done by a doctor who is highly experienced with Vbeam and is reachable for post-treatment care.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk