Thread: GUT Rosacea

Default GUT Rosacea

A recent news item from RSG News - Rosacea sufferers, if you have gut symptoms, see a gastroenterologist!, discusses a recent medical paper on an old subject discussed here at RF which is worth considering. Crohn disease, Gastrointestinal disease, GERD, Helicobacter pylori infection, IBD, SIBO, and Ulcerative Colitis are all considered Systemic Cormorbidities in Rosacea.

The RRDi recognizes GUT Rosacea as a rosacea variant and is the only non profit organization for rosacea that does so.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Interesting to read about the gut/rosacea link, I definitely saw an improvement in my rosacea ( and stomach related problems I'd had for years) after I was diagnosed and treated for h.pylori. I very occasionally get the odd flare ups, but no longer have papules. When my rosacea was first diagnosed in my thirties back in the 90's the biggest aid was having photofacial treatment by Dr Mervyn Patterson, it felt like a miracle at the time and massively reduced the sunburn looking red face I had. The h.pylori treatment seemed to finish off the rosacea - who knows?Now, my skin goes red very quickly when touched but generally pretty good. I do have a few broken veins on the side of nose but was told they might return at some point as hard to treat and my skin is Celtic fair (half Irish). Last year the excessive heat caused the first flare up for many years and after some research I got Soolantra cream. I use a little at night. Jojoba oil doesn't seem to aggravate it and my skin tolerates Boots No 7 lift and luminate foundation. Sometimes use Clinique red solutions face cream.

It is fairly obvious that the GUT has something to do with rosacea. The rosacea medical 'authorities' treat it with antibiotics. However, probiotics are now fairly well established as an accepted medical treatment for rosacea. There are a growing number of over the counter topicals and oral probiotics available.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    It is fairly obvious that the GUT has something to do with rosacea. The rosacea medical 'authorities' treat it with antibiotics. However, probiotics are now fairly well established as an accepted medical treatment for rosacea. There are a growing number of over the counter topicals and oral probiotics available.
    https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/the-...is-or-rosacea/

I agree I am using these guys they have been excellent. I did the gut biome test. Iím taking their goat kefir and all their other recommendations. Will take at least 6 months but I am feeling batter than I have in months. Unfortunately still have rosacea but the natural way is not going to be a quick fix

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/the-...is-or-rosacea/
    I agree I am using these guys they have been excellent. I did the gut biome test. I’m taking their goat kefir and all their other recommendations. Will take at least 6 months but I am feeling batter than I have in months. Unfortunately still have rosacea but the natural way is not going to be a quick fix
    thanks for the link!

One of the first things 'these guys' say is, "Avoid sugar – sweeten with 100% pure stevia instead." Been saying that since 1998. Sugar is the fuel that burns rosacea! They are a little behind on recommending Stevia since the data now shows that Monk Fruit is healthier, but, of course, Stevia is better than ingesting sugar/carbohydrate. However, their recommending fructose is not good for rosacea. Maybe after you get your skin healed up some avoiding sugar/carbohydrate for at least thirty days you could re-introduce fructose a little. Fructose is just another form of sugar and it will fuel the rosacea. But the basic message is heal the gut, and you will heal your rosacea.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 20th June 2020 at 11:19 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

It wasn't so obvious back then - my GP had never heard of a link between rosacea and gut issues, but 20 years later things have come a long way and research shows gut health can be linked to many health issues. I have been taking probiotics for years and more recently kefir - the Arla brand was recommended and I also like Chuckling Goat.

thanks for the link!

One of the first things 'these guys' say is, "Avoid sugar Ė sweeten with 100% pure stevia instead." Been saying that since 1998. Sugar is the fuel that burns rosacea! They are a little behind on recommending Stevia since the data now shows that Monk Fruit is healthier, but, of course, Stevia is better than ingesting sugar/carbohydrate. However, their recommending fructose is not good for rosacea. Maybe after you get your skin healed up some avoiding sugar/carbohydrate for at least thirty days you could re-introduce fructose a little. Fructose is just another form of sugar and it will fuel the rosacea. But the basic message is heal the gut, and you will heal your rosacea.
    Yeah I donít use either to sweeten anything. I not into sweet stuff anyway. Maybe email them Brady and update them . Maybe they suggest that because itís easier for people to get hold of. They give a lot of proceeds to the NHS they only employ 12 people . The one thing I am struggling with Brady is carbs. Iíve cut gluten and white potatoes. I do have sweet potatoes. I have been really ill so didnít want to restrict my diet too much as I have been vitamin deficient. I have reintroduced goat dairy into my diet but mostly yoghurt and kefir. Which is a bit of a relief because I was worried about my calcium intake. Iíll email you their report see what you think.