Thread: Worth a Dermatologist visit?

Default Worth a Dermatologist visit?

So after a massive outbreak that lasted just over a week my seb derm has now cleared 98% during the outbreak I hit rock bottom and decided to book to see a Dermatologist for the 1st time.

Im back on the dermodexin and a night dab or oregano oil which has cleared up well.

Is it worth going to the derm now I have nothing to show on my face of the condition? I took pictures of the condition but now there's nothing there?

Unfortunately I had to go private for this appt which is going to cost £150. A lot of money to only be told to potentially use a steroid (which I won't)

Do I cancel and hope I can get in next time I have an outbreak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dpw28 View Post
    So after a massive outbreak that lasted just over a week my seb derm has now cleared 98% during the outbreak I hit rock bottom and decided to book to see a Dermatologist for the 1st time.

Im back on the dermodexin and a night dab or oregano oil which has cleared up well.

Is it worth going to the derm now I have nothing to show on my face of the condition? I took pictures of the condition but now there's nothing there?

Unfortunately I had to go private for this appt which is going to cost £150. A lot of money to only be told to potentially use a steroid (which I won't)

Do I cancel and hope I can get in next time I have an outbreak?

Thanks
    It's definitely a good idea to take as many high quality pictures as you can of when you have an outbreak, because sometimes it may be literally the day of the doctor appointment when it looks a bit better (though it is worse the day before and after). However, you may as well cancel and go if it flares up again at another time. Is there a long waiting list for this dermatologist? There isn't for most good private dermatologists in the UK. So, even if you wanted to see a dermatologist quickly privately that shouldn't be a problem. You have a little more time to research which dermatologist you want to see privately to make sure they have real expertise in seb derm and have a good reputation with patients - to make sure you're going to spend your money well. Some dermatologist charge a fee if you cancel less than 48 hours or 24 hours before the appointment. If a dermatologist has a particular expertise in seb derm you may be able to research online whether they use treatments other than steroids since you want to avoid this.

I had to wait a week for this appointment, with spire, a friend had a skin condition went there and got it sorted after years of issues.

I'll cancel for now and let them know why, unless I have a breakout.

Thanks