Thread: IPL machine

Default IPL machine

Anyone bought their own IPL machine to use on there Rosacea?
    Iím having no success with the creams Doc has given me my skin does not like them.
    Just bought an IPL machine to see if I can kill the mites that way.
    Anyone else had success with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Anyone bought their own IPL machine to use on there Rosacea?
    Iím having no success with the creams Doc has given me my skin does not like them.
    Just bought an IPL machine to see if I can kill the mites that way.
    Anyone else had success with this ?

WARNING: IF NOT USED CORRECTLY, IPL LIGHT CAN DAMAGE THE IRIS IN YOUR EYES. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EYES ARE PROTECTED FROM THE IPL LIGHT!!!!!!! DO NOT USE IPL ON THE EYELIDS without Stainless Steel Shields INSERTED UNDER the eyelids. When the IPL machines first came out some untrained people were trying to use it on their clients unshielded eyelids. Those clients were left blind. IPL can breakdown dark pigment in the skin which is good for treating sun damage. Unfortunately that same feature can break down the dark pigment in the iris of the eye as well even through closed eyelids. Professionals that are treating eyelids insert stainless steel shields under their clients eyelids to protect the eyes. For other IPL treatments, the technician gets the client to put on small goggles that completely shield the eyes from the light. You may still get a sensation of light when they are treating the areas of skin closer to your eye sockets, like over the forehead, on the upper cheeks or the sides of the nose.

I've had 6 professional IPL treatments at a doctors office. The technician always put the eye shield goggles over my eyes first. Protecting your eyes is VERY important.
    IPL is known to kill demodex. There are multiple reports of this. The mites do not like light.

Please proceed with caution! Do you have someone reliable who can help you use the IPL machine?

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    WARNING: IF NOT USED CORRECTLY, IPL LIGHT CAN DAMAGE THE IRIS IN YOUR EYES. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EYES ARE PROTECTED FROM THE IPL LIGHT!!!!!!! DO NOT USE IPL ON THE EYELIDS without Stainless Steel Shields INSERTED UNDER the eyelids. When the IPL machines first came out some untrained people were trying to use it on their clients unshielded eyelids. Those clients were left blind. IPL can breakdown dark pigment in the skin which is good for treating sun damage. Unfortunately that same feature can break down the dark pigment in the iris of the eye as well even through closed eyelids. Professionals that are treating eyelids insert stainless steel shields under their clients eyelids to protect the eyes. For other IPL treatments, the technician gets the client to put on small goggles that completely shield the eyes from the light. You may still get a sensation of light when they are treating the areas of skin closer to your eye sockets, like over the forehead, on the upper cheeks or the sides of the nose.

I've had 6 professional IPL treatments at a doctors office. The technician always put the eye shield goggles over my eyes first. Protecting your eyes is VERY important.
    IPL is known to kill demodex. There are multiple reports of this. The mites do not like light.

Please proceed with caution! Do you have someone reliable who can help you use the IPL machine?
    The one Iíve bought comes with glasses. Iím not going anywhere near my eyes .
    Going to try it on my body first. See how affective it is .

I would just be really careful about doing IPL yourself, I had IPL back in late 2016 when I was first diagnosed with rosacea and it damaged my skin, This was with a practitioner in Harley Street. So I would really be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    I would just be really careful about doing IPL yourself, I had IPL back in late 2016 when I was first diagnosed with rosacea and it damaged my skin, This was with a practitioner in Harley Street. So I would really be careful.
    What happened to your skin? I also had a bad experience with IPL treatment. I think one of my chronic symptoms is because IPL.

What machine are you buying? I don't see how it's possible to do IPL on yourself safely or productively either. You need to use precise settings, observe how the skin is responding, carefully target the veins, and close your eyes as well as wearing glasses.