Thread: daktarin

Default daktarin

Is Daktarin bad for your skin was advised to use this for SD on my face.
    Iím in between doctors at the moment and canít get into the new ones
    For two weeks.

daktarin-cream-15ml_1.jpg
    I did a search using the RF search box top right corner on my browser with 'Daktarin' and found a number of posts in RF on this subject. For example see the one below with the highlighted 'daktarin' by Tom6195 in June 2016:

daktarin_screenshot-June2016.jpg

Apparently, some have used it to treat SD so if you take the time to go through the huge number of posts in a daktarin search you will see posts about SD. For example, AMT tried it and reports, "worked very well over night then but hasn't worked much since." There is an incredible amount of posts here at RF that if you just do a search, usually the subject has already been discussed. Yes, it takes time to sort through and search and find what you want. That is why I have for decades now, sorted through RF and arranged categories at the RRDi and refer so often to RF posts since (1) originally RF was a sister site of the RRDi, (2) it only makes sense to arrange posts by subjects into categories. Malassezia is usually associated with SD and is a fungal so you can understand why miconazole is used sometimes to treat SD.

So apparently, if you go through a careful search, Daktarin (Miconazole) which redirects to miconazole, is an antifungal, and is sold under many brand names (Daktarin in India). It comes in a cream and an oral gel.

However, is is also used for the "treatment of mycotic infections of the skin and nails and superinfections due to Gram-positive bacteria" according to emc, so it has been used as an antibiotic as well. This is a cursory research investigation into Daktarin since I couldn't remember anything about it and that is why there is a search box in the top right corner of RF. Not to mention google search. It took me about ten to fifteen minutes of my life to do this for you. Hope you appreciate how you can do this yourself. You can give someone a fish, but it is better to teach how to fish.

So if you try daktarin, please post your results in this thread you started.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 5th August 2019 at 12:09 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    daktarin-cream-15ml_1.jpg
    I did a search using the RF search box top right corner on my browser with 'Daktarin' and found a number of posts in RF on this subject. For example see the one below with the highlighted 'daktarin' by Tom6195 in June 2016:

daktarin_screenshot-June2016.jpg

Apparently, some have used it to treat SD so if you take the time to go through the huge number of posts in a daktarin search you will see posts about SD. For example, AMT tried it and reports, "worked very well over night then but hasn't worked much since." There is an incredible amount of posts here at RF that if you just do a search, usually the subject has already been discussed. Yes, it takes time to sort through and search and find what you want. That is why I have for decades now, sorted through RF and arranged categories at the RRDi and refer so often to RF posts since (1) originally RF was a sister site of the RRDi, (2) it only makes sense to arrange posts by subjects into categories. Malassezia is usually associated with SD and is a fungal so you can understand why miconazole is used sometimes to treat SD.

So apparently, if you go through a careful search, Daktarin (Miconazole) which redirects to miconazole, is an antifungal, and is sold under many brand names (Daktarin in India). It comes in a cream and an oral gel.

However, is is also used for the "treatment of mycotic infections of the skin and nails and superinfections due to Gram-positive bacteria" according to emc, so it has been used as an antibiotic as well. This is a cursory research investigation into Daktarin since I couldn't remember anything about it and that is why there is a search box in the top right corner of RF. Not to mention google search. It took me about ten to fifteen minutes of my life to do this for you. Hope you appreciate how you can do this yourself. You can give someone a fish, but it is better to teach how to fish.

So if you try daktarin, please post your results in this thread you started.
    I’ve already researched it and gone through the forum but was a little confused as it keeps coming up
    With it thining the skin. As I can’t wash my face with zinc soap as it drys my skin and I get contact dermatitis from recommended shampoo face washes just wondered if it is indeed bad for the skin or if it’s only long term use.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 5th August 2019 at 11:24 AM.