Thread: Permanent redness with no flushing?

Default Permanent redness with no flushing?

I have been experiencing an increasing amount of redness. The redness is mainly on nose and inside of cheeks. It runs under my eyes too. It slowly gets less red the farther it gets from inside cheeks/nose. It is accompanied by enlarged pores on inside of cheeks. The "orange peel" look is only on inside of cheeks. Not on nose.
    Is it possible to not notice flushing? I seem to get a little more red. But only when bending over or when I get out of the shower. But the extra redness goes away pretty quickly. I also get tiny whiteheads on cheeks and nose only. Haven't found anything that says this is rosacea related.
    Anyway my question is can I go without noticing flushes? I am having a heck of a time identifying triggers too. I will sometimes run to a mirror shortly after eating something spicy or crappy. But I never notice increased redness. And I pay attention to the redness. It is controlling my life. I know this forum isn't very active these days. But I just wanted to ask that question. I tried it in the search engine and couldn't find anything. Might try Reddit as well.
    Thanks to anybody who reads this. Feel free to rant about your situation if it'll help. I will respond. I will be a recluse untill the 9th of August. So I'll be around haha smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothinrust View Post
    I have been experiencing an increasing amount of redness. The redness is mainly on nose and inside of cheeks. It runs under my eyes too. It slowly gets less red the farther it gets from inside cheeks/nose. It is accompanied by enlarged pores on inside of cheeks. The "orange peel" look is only on inside of cheeks. Not on nose.
    Is it possible to not notice flushing? I seem to get a little more red. But only when bending over or when I get out of the shower. But the extra redness goes away pretty quickly. I also get tiny whiteheads on cheeks and nose only. Haven't found anything that says this is rosacea related.
    Anyway my question is can I go without noticing flushes? I am having a heck of a time identifying triggers too. I will sometimes run to a mirror shortly after eating something spicy or crappy. But I never notice increased redness. And I pay attention to the redness. It is controlling my life. I know this forum isn't very active these days. But I just wanted to ask that question. I tried it in the search engine and couldn't find anything. Might try Reddit as well.
    Thanks to anybody who reads this. Feel free to rant about your situation if it'll help. I will respond. I will be a recluse untill the 9th of August. So I'll be around haha smh.
    Do you mind me asking what age sex and country you live in?
    Reason for asking is my skin is horrible since this heat wave in the Uk 🇬🇧
    But mine is also gut related.
    I eat no sugar no bread or spicy food or dairy. But skin just getting worse at the moment.
    Moving to a docs where there is a skin doc ( not ver good but better then nothing)
    Plus seeing someone about acupuncture and Chinese medicine on Friday.

Carbohydrates (sugar, flour, rice, potatoes etc) can cause a flush within minutes or hours of eating them. But redness and inflammation (pustules or papules) often don't appear fully for two days for me and may peak at three days after eating problematic foods (which also include dairy for me). So you may need to monitor the effect of foods on you in the days after you ate them not simply the hours after you ate them.

The general consensus is that flushing is one of the signs/symptoms of rosacea and is considered one of the phenotypes, Phenotype 1. However, not all rosaceans report they flush and here is a short list. Therefore, some wise physicians who came together and created the phenotype classification of rosacea which has replaced the subtype classification created a separate phenotype to describe what you are discussing, Phenotype 2. You can have more than one rosacea phenotype.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Do you mind me asking what age sex and country you live in?
    Reason for asking is my skin is horrible since this heat wave in the Uk 🇬🇧
    But mine is also gut related.
    I eat no sugar no bread or spicy food or dairy. But skin just getting worse at the moment.
    Moving to a docs where there is a skin doc ( not ver good but better then nothing)
    Plus seeing someone about acupuncture and Chinese medicine on Friday.
    I am a male. 33 years of age. Residing in United States. I live in a hot humid climate. But I do no venture outside much these days. So I highly doubt the weather is contributing to my red skin. I am literally in an air conditioned house most of the time.
    My diet admittedly is not great. Especially lately. It's highly probable that my permanent red skin is being caused by stomach issues. I have been having minor stomach issues for years now. I am going to have to start taking my diet much more serious. I was diagnosed with rosacea a month ago. So this is all very new to me.

Well I certainly hope that the new doctor you are going to can help. And good luck with the acupuncture. If you can keep us updated on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Carbohydrates (sugar, flour, rice, potatoes etc) can cause a flush within minutes or hours of eating them. But redness and inflammation (pustules or papules) often don't appear fully for two days for me and may peak at three days after eating problematic foods (which also include dairy for me). So you may need to monitor the effect of foods on you in the days after you ate them not simply the hours after you ate them.
    I am going to give it my best shot. I've been monitoring my face after eating something spicy. I don't seem to be getting anymore red. But my diet has been horrible lately. And I feel like my face has gotten slightly more red. It's the only thing that makes sense. I definitely am going to start a sugar free/carb free diet. I believe I've read that you should go a couple weeks and see if it helps?
    Any extra tips you have would be welcomed. Specifically on what types of foods I should be eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    The general consensus is that flushing is one of the signs/symptoms of rosacea and is considered one of the phenotypes, Phenotype 1. However, not all rosaceans report they flush and here is a short list. Therefore, some wise physicians who came together and created the phenotype classification of rosacea which has replaced the subtype classification created a separate phenotype to describe what you are discussing, Phenotype 2. You can have more than one rosacea phenotype.
    As usual Brady thanks for the info/response. Pretty depressing to read that "it's the hardest phenotype to treat". But I have high hopes for soolantra. I definitely will not be using mirvaso or rhofade. Too many bad testimonials.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothinrust View Post
    I am going to give it my best shot. I've been monitoring my face after eating something spicy. I don't seem to be getting anymore red. But my diet has been horrible lately. And I feel like my face has gotten slightly more red. It's the only thing that makes sense. I definitely am going to start a sugar free/carb free diet. I believe I've read that you should go a couple weeks and see if it helps?
    Any extra tips you have would be welcomed. Specifically on what types of foods I should be eating.
    You need to watch 2-3 days after not just hours after... If you are eating a lot of things that impact on the rosacea it will be very hard to do an elimination diet. Just eliminating one or two harmful foods will not help if you continue to eat many other things causing a problem.

The best types of food are meat, green vegetables, cauliflower etc.

There is some information here:
    https://www.byrdie.com/rosacea-diet