Thread: Looking for advice on moisturizing

Default Looking for advice on moisturizing

I was recently diagnosed with rosacea. I'm looking for advice on what products are best for someone with my symptoms. I have severely dry skin, persistent redness and enlarged pores. I also have flaking that seems to come and go at random. Except my nose where if I for instance blow my nose. I will be left with flaky skin around my nostrils. When I have put CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion PM ultra lightweight. I experienced an increase of whiteheads on my nose. I get whiteheads on my nose and cheeks from time to time. This may not be related to my rosacea (or whatever is making my skin red) but I thought I should bring it up. I'm also looking for suggestions on what to use to wash my face with. Because as of right now I only use water due to fear of irritation. I don't see my dermatologist till next month. So I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread. I have never used a message board like this before. It's all pretty foreign to me. I have been reading lots of posts though and I'm thankful for this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothinrust View Post
    I was recently diagnosed with rosacea. I'm looking for advice on what products are best for someone with my symptoms. I have severely dry skin, persistent redness and enlarged pores. I also have flaking that seems to come and go at random. Except my nose where if I for instance blow my nose. I will be left with flaky skin around my nostrils. When I have put CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion PM ultra lightweight. I experienced an increase of whiteheads on my nose. I get whiteheads on my nose and cheeks from time to time. This may not be related to my rosacea (or whatever is making my skin red) but I thought I should bring it up. I'm also looking for suggestions on what to use to wash my face with. Because as of right now I only use water due to fear of irritation. I don't see my dermatologist till next month. So I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread. I have never used a message board like this before. It's all pretty foreign to me. I have been reading lots of posts though and I'm thankful for this board.
    First of all welcome!

I use REN products via QVC they are VERY kind to you skin (and although pricey a little goes a long way).

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

My derm told me just to use water. Ive tried Cerave hydrating cleanser but this made my pores even worse and spread my SD. Iíve just ordered The Ordinary Products but it takes me a while of patch testing before I can use it on my face .

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    My derm told me just to use water. Ive tried Cerave hydrating cleanser but this made my pores even worse and spread my SD. Iíve just ordered The Ordinary Products but it takes me a while of patch testing before I can use it on my face .
    It seems like most moisturisers irritate my skin. I will go from no tiny red bumps with whiteheads. To having them scattered on the inside of my cheeks near my nose. It's very frustrating for sure. I get SD from time to time. Mainly on hairline,temples and eyebrows. How exactly did it spread? Any thoughts on why that may gave happened? I will look into the ordinary products. I've been thinking about visiting a place called Ulta (I'm a guy). Apparently they have a lot of great skin care products.

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    First of all welcome!

I use REN products via QVC they are VERY kind to you skin (and although pricey a little goes a long way).

J
    I will definitely look into those products. Thank you for the reply.

I will definitely look into those products. Thank you for the reply.
    You are welcome!

They do an amazing rescue face mask too!

Good luck!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT