Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Redness related to burning?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    145
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
    That sounds like one of those internet blood tests?

    You can get prick tested for all the standard allergens like mold, pollen dust etc. Plus you can have common chemical ones done as a patch test on your back.

    Honestly reading your post about surfing, sun etc. Strikes me there is an element of environmental, surfing you spend a long time outdoors, and probably in a different place to stay at night? Plus you can identify a time when it started almost like a switch with the new place you were in.

    I cannot recommend a private one but you could request a referral to St John's Dermatology at Guys Hospital. They have an allergy department.

    Or Google London Allergy clinics they all should do prick testing.



    Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    IMG_3365.jpg

    Hi Andrew,

    I am going to try and get a referral to Guys for allergy testing. Is the skin prick test localized to your body, or are they able to test your face? The reason I ask is that even if I just press my finger against my rosacea-prone areas (temples, cheeks, and nose) this is the immediate reaction I get. I am literally throwing everything I can get at this. My derm said he doesn't know a clinic that does a Demodex mites test which doesn't perform an actual biopsy which leads to a 4mm scar (not that I really care at this point). Do you know where I can get tested for Demodex and can the NHS do a referral for it? Thanks, Seb
    Last edited by Seb91; 30th September 2019 at 01:34 PM.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    IMG_3365.jpg

    Hi Andrew,

    I am going to try and get a referral to Guys for allergy testing. Is the skin prick test localized to your body, or are they able to test your face? The reason I ask is that even if I just press my finger against my rosacea-prone areas (temples, cheeks, and nose) this is the immediate reaction I get. I am literally throwing everything I can get at this. My derm said he doesn't know a clinic that does a Demodex mites test which doesn't perform an actual biopsy which leads to a 4mm scar (not that I really care at this point). Do you know where I can get tested for Demodex and can the NHS do a referral for it? Thanks, Seb
    I had a biopsy done at guys but it was testing for auto immune symptoms.

    Standard prick tests are done on the arm. Patch tests are done on the back over 3 days both I have had done at Guys.

    Arm tests tend to be testing for aero allergens and patch tests are the common chemical skin allergy tests.

    My story goes back 9 years but mine also involved nasal symptoms at first along side burning tingling face up to 2 years ago I had no visible symptoms and was diagnosed with atypical facial pain, then started redness and then dramatic facial swelling.

    https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/o...-overview.aspx

    Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andrew P; 30th September 2019 at 01:52 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    145
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
    I had a biopsy done at guys but it was testing for auto immune symptoms.

    Standard prick tests are done on the arm. Patch tests are done on the back over 3 days both I have had done at Guys.

    Arm tests tend to be testing for aero allergens and patch tests are the common chemical skin allergy tests.

    My story goes back 9 years but mine also involved nasal symptoms at first along side burning tingling face up to 2 years ago I had no visible symptoms and was diagnosed with atypical facial pain, then started redness and then dramatic facial swelling.

    https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/o...-overview.aspx

    Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Did you manage to find out what was causing your symptoms? Were you diagnosed with rosacea and have you managed to treat it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Did you manage to find out what was causing your symptoms? Were you diagnosed with rosacea and have you managed to treat it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was diagnosed with Morbihan disease just from my appearance. A rare form of Rosacea if you Google image it I did look similar and it had become more or less semi permanent. There is not any successful long term treatment.

    My problem believe it or not was not the look but the pain, burning and tingling it gave me and this form was supposed to be painless.

    I have a long story too long to type out but started in 2010/11.

    Tested positive intradermal to propylene glycol and supporting that is I react badly around Vapers and I took an antibiotic in 2015 that has since been found to slow/stop your body processing PG, when I took it is when this escalated for me. My face went very red and the burning was off the scale for the 4 days I lasted on it.






    Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    251
    Country: UK

    Default

    Andrew,
    Have you contacted Weezer on this forum I believe he had the same diagnosis. Symptoms occurred after a course of antibiotics. Itís quite a rare subtype.

Similar Threads

  1. Facail burning w/ little to no redness?
    By meg101 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th May 2018, 11:30 PM
  2. Pimples, redness and burning
    By Spectacularviews in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 1st February 2018, 04:10 PM
  3. Redness. Burning why.
    By Gil1978 in forum Photos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th September 2016, 07:11 PM
  4. All of a sudden burning after washing...Arazine related maybe?
    By snuffleupagus in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th April 2011, 06:32 PM
  5. I have facial burning, but very little redness?
    By Boston in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th March 2006, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •