Thread: The Ordinary skin care products

Default The Ordinary skin care products

Hi all, just looking to see if anyone has tried any of products from The Ordinary range and can offer any opinions on it?

I have seen their 10% Azelaic Acid product mentioned on this forum a few times along with the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, but wondering if anyone can share their experiences (good or bad) with any of the other products? In particularly I've been thinking about buying some of their moisturising products.

The main reason I'm interested is the products are so damn cheap! Definitely a plus if you have super sensitive skin that disagrees with seemingly everything, like many of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
    Hi all, just looking to see if anyone has tried any of products from The Ordinary range and can offer any opinions on it?

I have seen their 10% Azelaic Acid product mentioned on this forum a few times along with the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, but wondering if anyone can share their experiences (good or bad) with any of the other products? In particularly I've been thinking about buying some of their moisturising products.

The main reason I'm interested is the products are so damn cheap! Definitely a plus if you have super sensitive skin that disagrees with seemingly everything, like many of us...
    Is it for rosacea or SD ? You wanting it for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Is it for rosacea or SD ? You wanting it for ?
    I've got rosacea (symptoms: baseline redness, P&Ps, flushing) but currently I'm on the hunt to find some products to address dehydrated / oily skin that are appropriate for very sensitive skin. I have been reading up on The Ordinary and I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these products before I ordered them !

For those interested, I ended up buying the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% product and have patch tested and so far so good. I'll report back here in a month with my experience with it, in case others have a similar question in the future.

For those interested, I ended up buying the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% product and have patch tested and so far so good. I'll report back here in a month with my experience with it, in case others have a similar question in the future.
    Iíve ordered the the cleanser, the moisturiser HA and Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
    Not sure about the cleanser or the moisturiser but the Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
    Seems to be good for spots.
    Have to say itís all very confusing looking at all the products.
    What are you using the 10% zinc for and what moisturiser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Iíve ordered the the cleanser, the moisturiser HA and Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
    Not sure about the cleanser or the moisturiser but the Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
    Seems to be good for spots.
    Have to say itís all very confusing looking at all the products.
    What are you using the 10% zinc for and what moisturiser are you using?
    Yeah, it's a bit overwhelming isn't it? I ended up going to a local store near me so I could talk to the attendant and actually see everything in front of me.

The company claims that the niacinamide/zinc product does the following:

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity.
    Essentially, I'm trying it to see what it does to my enlarged pores / excess oil production on my nose. Separately, Niacinamide generally is supposed to have a host of other anti-inflammatory effects and my dermatologist keeps pushing me to try it so I thought this would be a good chance.

I still haven't found a perfect moisturiser. I am currently using Paula's Choice "Omega+ Complex Moisturiser". I initially trialled it because it was sent as a sample with another PC product I ordered. While it's one of the few I've tried that doesn't irritate my skin / cause redness, beyond that I can't really recommend it. It's quite "thin" and doesn't provide that much moisture to my skin. And while it works well on my non-rosacea skin, it tends to cause some congestion in my pores in my rosacea skin.

Yeah, it's a bit overwhelming isn't it? I ended up going to a local store near me so I could talk to the attendant and actually see everything in front of me.

The company claims that the niacinamide/zinc product does the following:

Essentially, I'm trying it to see what it does to my enlarged pores / excess oil production on my nose. Separately, Niacinamide generally is supposed to have a host of other anti-inflammatory effects and my dermatologist keeps pushing me to try it so I thought this would be a good chance.

I still haven't found a perfect moisturiser. I am currently using Paula's Choice "Omega+ Complex Moisturiser". I initially trialled it because it was sent as a sample with another PC product I ordered. While it's one of the few I've tried that doesn't irritate my skin / cause redness, beyond that I can't really recommend it. It's quite "thin" and doesn't provide that much moisture to my skin. And while it works well on my non-rosacea skin, it tends to cause some congestion in my pores in my rosacea skin.
    I’m using Olay sensitive and trying to move on to Cerave PM . But my skin is a little red where I put the Cerave PM and the tubes are annoying small. I also have massive pores but that’s coz I’m washing with water as I can’t find a cleanser at the moment and the skin doc said just wash with water I’m just using the ordinary cleanser on one cheek at the moment. As I’ve only had it a few days .
    Not sure about it at the moment. But I’m 47 so at that crazy stage where your skin goes nuts.
    Any suggestions for supper sensitive cleansing with SD welcome.
    I’ve tried all the so called rosacea stuff.
    Hence trying the ordinary now .
    Let us know what you think of their products. I so want to like this company.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 5th August 2019 at 02:55 PM.

Default The Ordinary regimen

Hi, I've been using the Ordinary plus a few products from Deciem's other brands Niod and Hylamide for roughly 2 years now (Deciem is the overall name which includes several brands like The Ordinary). Anyways I really feel for once that my skin is mostly calm as well as much more hydrated, which in turn is key for controlling oil and flares. My regimen has been quite consistent during the time I've used the brand and i've gradually added more targeted treatments. Example of my regimen morning and evening:

Morning
    Toner: Either Hylamide SubQ Mist or Niod Mist
    TO Amino Acids
    TO marine hyaluronics
    TO Niacinamide
    NIOD Hydration Vaccine (This is my all time moisture favorite! It calms my skin and seals in hydration)
    Spf

Evening:
    TO Amino Acids
    TO marine hyaluronics
    NIOD Vitamin C 30 % (I've gradually worked my way up in strength, started with TO 12 %)
    TO Granactive Retinoid 2 % (I use this perhaps 3 times a week)
    NIOD Hydration Vaccine

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by AstridOh View Post
    Hi, I've been using the Ordinary plus a few products from Deciem's other brands Niod and Hylamide for roughly 2 years now (Deciem is the overall name which includes several brands like The Ordinary). Anyways I really feel for once that my skin is mostly calm as well as much more hydrated, which in turn is key for controlling oil and flares. My regimen has been quite consistent during the time I've used the brand and i've gradually added more targeted treatments. Example of my regimen morning and evening:

Morning
    TO Amino Acids
    TO marine hyaluronics
    TO Niacinamide
    NIOD Hydration Vaccine (This is my all time moisture favorite! It calms my skin and seals in hydration)
    Spf

Evening:
    TO Amino Acids
    TO marine hyaluronics
    NIOD Vitamin C 30 % (I've gradually worked my way up in strength, started with TO 12 %)
    TO Granactive Retinoid 2 % (I use this perhaps 3 times a week)
    NIOD Hydration Vaccine

Hope this helps!
    Really struggling to use even water now ��
    Anyone tried oil cleansing or non water cleansing for rosacea and SD
    With success ?
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 7th August 2019 at 06:42 PM.