Thread: cooling creme, cover redness

Default cooling creme, cover redness

There has to be a creme that cools the skin for a few hours? If not why the hell has no one created something like that. And I dont mean a face mask, more like something you put on and go to work with... or why has Mirvaso to be so ****ing bad for you...

Or can anyone recommend a creme to cover up the redness? Im tired standing infront of the mirror doing all that but the redness is even worse. I had some ok results with green make up from Vichy but my skin did not tolerate it...

Guess cant just win

I think the big problem we face as people with type 1 is that when blood vessels are overly constricted they tend to want to expand afterwards. I'd imagine that a cooling topical would have the same effect as Mirvaso in that way. I know that when I overdo it on AC my face will just be redder when I have to leave it and my face warms back up again.
    Anyway, hopefully the science gets there one day.
    I like Colorescience's calming primer. They also have a product called All Calm that seems to be popular with rosacea folks- that one was a little too much for me. I use their calming primer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoverton View Post
    I think the big problem we face as people with type 1 is that when blood vessels are overly constricted they tend to want to expand afterwards. I'd imagine that a cooling topical would have the same effect as Mirvaso in that way. I know that when I overdo it on AC my face will just be redder when I have to leave it and my face warms back up again.
    Anyway, hopefully the science gets there one day.
    I like Colorescience's calming primer. They also have a product called All Calm that seems to be popular with rosacea folks- that one was a little too much for me. I use their calming primer though.
    Thank you,

a little too much as in?

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    Thank you,

a little too much as in?
    It's a fairly thick product and I felt like the green undertone color almost over-corrected and made me look a little off. I have very pale skin though, so any color in makeup really stands out on me. Colorescience is good about sending samples too if you contact their customer service. Their products are expensive so the samples are really helpful. (Now I sound like I work for them, promise I don't!)