Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDL Recovery Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The only problem is I have tried the medications and none have worked. This dr did suggest them but Iím already on them or have tried them. She isnít pushing more laser at the moment- I just am skeptical that all of this will clear on its own. But maybe I just have to be patient and wait like a month or something crazy. Sigh.
    From my experience, you have to try several medications to find the right combination. Just because two or three don't work, doesn't mean others won't. For example, some people are finding LDN very helpful when other medicines didn't help. There really is a long list of medicines which help different people in different combinations: clonidine, moxonodine, atenolol, propranolol, mirtazapine, anti-histamines, probiotics (Symprove helps me a lot), pregabalin, gabapentin, hydroxychloroquine, mepacrine... You often need a combination, not just one, to really control the flushing. But you also need to make dietary adjustments as well to really control flushing. Laser or IPL sometimes seems like a quicker option, but persisting to find the right medicines may be more rewarding.

Although I am a pain-sensitized patient, I think for refractory flushers who might not be pain-sensitized, they might also benefit from agents that target the neuronal control of blood vessels.

I think ramping up on something like cymbalta and sticking with propranolol for at least a month, might be helpful for you.

I hate that laser did not seem to be what you were hoping for + hope that you heal with time.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Although I am a pain-sensitized patient, I think for refractory flushers who might not be pain-sensitized, they might also benefit from agents that target the neuronal control of blood vessels.

I think ramping up on something like cymbalta and sticking with propranolol for at least a month, might be helpful for you.

I hate that laser did not seem to be what you were hoping for + hope that you heal with time.
    Thank you! I have tried instant release propranolol 5 different times (I wanted to give it more chances) and every time I end up with red splotches. I havenít tried Cymbalta- just Effexor, celexa, mirtazapine, and Trintellix for antidepressants. Maybe something else. I canít find someone to prescribe hydroxychloroquine...

Iím still healing. Maybe PDL will help in the end but so far I still look worse than before trying it and it hasnít reduced flushing yet. It did seem to get rid of a birthmark that has been more red since I got rosacea, so thereís one positive!