Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin barrier repair creams

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    I agree that their website isn’t the best and, apart form being too busy and confusing it does look a wee bit dodgy... but they are legit.

I’ve tried one of their sunscreens a while back it was also good and for a while it was the only sunscreen my face could tolerate. Because their stuff is costly, I stopped using the sunscreen when I was able to wear other brands as my skin barrier improved.

They also sent me a generous sample of one of their newer products the last time I ordered some of the Intensive Night Nurturing Complex. It was a niacinamide wash that was quite interesting. A high % niacinamide, about 30% if I recall corrrectly.... but it’s only on the skin for a short while. I was nervous to try it, but it wasn’t at all irritating.. I’m happy with my Paula’s Choice Niacinamide booster tho, so I don’t feel the need to buy another brand.

The good thing about these guys is that these days they post to anywhere in the world for a reasonable price and it gets there in about a week.

I would recommend the INN Complext if you’re looking for something to calm the skin and make it feel protected.

Rubydo1... After recommending The Augustinus Bader Cream I read another post of yours elsewhere where you mentioned your financial constraints and I felt bad recommending such a costly cream to you...sorry..!

I’m not well off myself, thanks to my face issues, which have reduced my income to about £600 a month (I’m self employed). I guess for me the plus side of not being able to do much because most places carry the risk of being too warm for me is that the only thing I spend any spare money on is skin care. I can afford The Rich Cream becuase i only eat every other day. Not that I’m saying you can do this too!! It just happened to be useful for me becuase I can do with losing some weight and intermittent fasting makes sense to me, as someone who can’t exercise at all as it would make me flush.

I guess what I’m saying is, I try to turn my situation to my advantage as much as I can. Sometimes it offers opportunities for that and sometimes it doesn’t.

If you want to help repair your skin barrier on a budget I would say go for The Ordinary’s niacinamide and zinc serum. You might want to try their ‘Moisturising Factors’ cream too. I haven’t used it, but looking at the ingredients, I think it would feel soothing and be protective.

Finally, when I read your other posts, where you talk about some of your other health challenges, I wondered if you might want to read up about Low Dose Natrexone? You’ll find the thread about it easily on this forum and there’s a lot on the internet about it... it seems to be helpful for inflammatory gut issues too, as well as all kinds of auto-immune conditions. It’s the thing that’s helped me most with my rosacea face pain.. It’s inexpensive and might help you with several of your health issues. You sound like a good candidate for it, to be honest.

Take care

Xxx
    Thank you so much for your help.
    Yes I was fit and healthy in October 2018 holding down two jobs.
    Had a series of antibiotics and it’s totally screwed up my body.
    Had bowel and water work problems for years.
    Started gastritis then blepharitis rosacea Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
    Skin hypersensitive all over including hands and body
    Now tremors and fatigue and a strange smell up my nose.
    All blood tests coming back normal yet I feel like I’m dying.
    Lost my ability to work
    Zantac gave me horrendous side effects just don’t know what to eat as my body seems to be reacting to everything.
    Will look into the ordinary thanks.
    And will ask at the doc about Naxrexone.

Thank you so much
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 13th July 2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    I agree that their website isnít the best and, apart form being too busy and confusing it does look a wee bit dodgy... but they are legit.

Iíve tried one of their sunscreens a while back it was also good and for a while it was the only sunscreen my face could tolerate. Because their stuff is costly, I stopped using the sunscreen when I was able to wear other brands as my skin barrier improved.

They also sent me a generous sample of one of their newer products the last time I ordered some of the Intensive Night Nurturing Complex. It was a niacinamide wash that was quite interesting. A high % niacinamide, about 30% if I recall corrrectly.... but itís only on the skin for a short while. I was nervous to try it, but it wasnít at all irritating.. Iím happy with my Paulaís Choice Niacinamide booster tho, so I donít feel the need to buy another brand.

The good thing about these guys is that these days they post to anywhere in the world for a reasonable price and it gets there in about a week.

I would recommend the INN Complext if youíre looking for something to calm the skin and make it feel protected.
    Hey Fiugs - I reached out to the clinic a few days ago to ask about samples for the INNC and a cleanser and was told that "Presently these products are only available to registered patients who have received consultation to determine suitability." Interesting! Maybe they have recently changed their policy / business model? How long ago did you order from them?