Thread: Is Ivermectin Generic just as good as Soolantra?

Default Is Ivermectin Generic just as good as Soolantra?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

My insurance has agreed to fund Ivermectin on the condition that itís a generic. Theyíre waiting for confirmation from my doctor.

Otherwise, if I get brand name Soolantra, I will pay $430, which is ok and not a big deal ó if necessary Iíll do it myself.

So is the Generic just as good as the Soolantra or is there reason to pay out of my own pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by ukw View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

My insurance has agreed to fund Ivermectin on the condition that itís a generic. Theyíre waiting for confirmation from my doctor.

Otherwise, if I get brand name Soolantra, I will pay $430, which is ok and not a big deal ó if necessary Iíll do it myself.

So is the Generic just as good as the Soolantra or is there reason to pay out of my own pocket?
    The generic should work fine. Ivermectin has been around for 40-50 years. I took the generic oral Ivermectin (not the topical) and it totally worked to clear demodex. The topical Soolantra cream is just ivermectin in a moisturizing base similar to Cetaphil moisturizer - the Ivermectin is the only "magic" ingredient.

Thank you.

UKW,
    You should just be aware that Soolantra is a topical treatment using ivermectin as the active ingredient for rosacea. There is a huge Soolantra thread to read here at RF if you have a lot of time and patience.

There are a significant number of rosaceans, who cannot afford Soolantra since their insurance won't approve it or they simply don't have insurance, hence, they are using horse paste with 1.87% ivermectin TOPICALLY on their rosacea and some say it works better or at least as good as Soolantra, and the horse paste is cheap compared to Soolantra,

There are some who recommend using an oral ivermectin treatment for rosacea, which is as you know inexpensive since there are companies who manufacture generic ivermectin tablets, pills. Ivermectin is available without a prescription on Amazon. Oral ivermectin for rosacea hasn't been as popular as using topical ivermectin.

What ever happened? Did you get the Rx for ivermectin from your doctor and what did the insurance company do for you?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 11th July 2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi