Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Treating rosacea well often involves treating it medically (with medicines and creams), topically (with any appropriate oils or cosmetic products and cleanser), with diet and psychologically, as all these can play a role.

Symprove can certainly make a difference, especially in collaboration with the medicines I suggested above. I would try to get a referral to a dermatologist from your GP to open up a wider range of medicines hopefully. Symprove may well be a good investment for you given your IBS and gut problems, and Accutane has certainly been associated with gut problems yes (including in legal cases in America). I think there is a money back guarantee with Symprove as well - and they are a trustworthy company so they will honour it I'm sure. So while it may be quite expensive, you'll probably feel the money is worth it if you see improvement in your digestion.

I've been taking Symprove for about two years.
    What symptoms exactly has improved you think?

As it helps gut, does it help bladder too? Is there a connection you know about? You seem to have read into all this a lot. having troubles sleeping lately have to pee or vivid dreams etc. could all just be stress maybe
    Last edited by opare; 29th June 2019 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I have been having kefir and live yogurt.
    Tried metrogel and it took a lair of my skin off. Is this normal?
    I find both kefir and yogurt make my rosacea worse, so I wouldn't use either of these. Metrogel is often not beneficial, and more people have found Soolantra cream helpful, which is a newer cream.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I find both kefir and yogurt make my rosacea worse, so I wouldn't use either of these. Metrogel is often not beneficial, and more people have found Soolantra cream helpful, which is a newer cream.
    the other is quite expensive and uk only?

I have been having kefir and live yogurt.
    Tried metrogel and it took a lair of my skin off. Is this normal?
    Right I canít wait any long for the Derm Iím going to the doctor tomorrow
    about my Seborrhoeic dermatitis and my rosacea.
    Iím getting lumps on my skin but in a line whatís that about 🤷🏼*♀️
    Any advice on what I should ask for ??????

Right I canít wait any long for the Derm Iím going to the doctor tomorrow
    about my Seborrhoeic dermatitis and my rosacea.
    Iím getting lumps on my skin but in a line whatís that about 🤷🏼*♀️
    Any advice on what I should ask for ??????
    Iíve been given Dalacin 🤷🏼*♀️
    Is this for Seborrhoeic and rosacea

why didnt you ask your doctor this question ? instead of asking an internet forum that is not medically trained ? also - have you heard of google ? its very easy to find information there ... i dont like calling people out but as nobody has replied so far ( and for a reason ) i will ask the question ... are you just looking for attention?

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    the other is quite expensive and uk only?
    Soolantra is available in many countries, and many people find it affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    why didnt you ask your doctor this question ? instead of asking an internet forum that is not medically trained ? also - have you heard of google ? its very easy to find information there ... i dont like calling people out but as nobody has replied so far ( and for a reason ) i will ask the question ... are you just looking for attention?
    I did ask the doctor and she suggested this and I hadn’t heard of it so didn’t know what to say she said apply it once a day and it would help the sub derm. But after googling it I can’t find any references to it being used for sub derm. So I ask on here because I’m new to this and I’ve got hypersensitive skin and I’ve tried it on my arm and my arm was a little red. So I’m scared to put it on my face. That’s why I’m asking on here coz many have had this for years and tried assorts.

Why would I want attention. I’m just desperate. As I still don’t know what’s happening to my skin.
    I’ve gone from being able to wash with anything and plunging my hands in washing up liquid.
    To having antibiotics followed by Gastris to not being to even use soap on my hands ( have to use epimax)
    I’ve got blepharitis , sub derm , rosacea , Tremors, weakness in joints all in the last 6 months.
    Lost 4 stone in weight . I’ve got multi hospital appointments next week and I still have no idea what’s happening to me. I post out of desperation on here as I don’t know anyone with similar problems.
    The doctors have little or no knowledge of rosacea at my surgery the only suggestions has been antibiotics.
    Im sorry if you think I’m after attention but to be honest I’m not that sort of person.

ive looked up the meds you have been given and i cant particularly find anything that relates to seb derm or rosacea so i dont know why youve been given it - but again , nobody on here is an expert so you should have asked , or should ask , WHY HAVE I BEEN GIVEN THIS ?

youve posted before ( and ive replied to ) the fact that this all started after a bout of gastris / stomach problem right ? Have you done anything to address this ? have you had any tests for bacterial / fungal / yeast infections ? are you taking probiotics / l-glutamine / vitamins etc ?

if not then there is no point posting on here moaning about your problems because it wont solve itself , you need to be proactive about this because doctors mostly havent a clue about causes of rosacea - dont trust them and do your own research ...

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    ive looked up the meds you have been given and i cant particularly find anything that relates to seb derm or rosacea so i dont know why youve been given it - but again , nobody on here is an expert so you should have asked , or should ask , WHY HAVE I BEEN GIVEN THIS ?

youve posted before ( and ive replied to ) the fact that this all started after a bout of gastris / stomach problem right ? Have you done anything to address this ? have you had any tests for bacterial / fungal / yeast infections ? are you taking probiotics / l-glutamine / vitamins etc ?

if not then there is no point posting on here moaning about your problems because it wont solve itself , you need to be proactive about this because doctors mostly havent a clue about causes of rosacea - dont trust them and do your own research ...
    Yes I’ve tried all that for the last six months I’ve researched it to death. I’ve tried l-glutamate, 50 billion probiotics, turmeric, slippery elm, vit D, magnesium, digestive enzymes, milk thistle, cutting out gluten and dairy. Celery juice marsh mallow root. I eat ground pumpkin/sun flower/flaxseed seeds daily.You name it I’ve tried it. And my symptoms have just got worse. I’m waiting for test results. Probiotics gave me terrible diarrhoea so went on to kefir instead. I’ve cut all sugar out of my diet.
    Don’t drink, don’t smoke, and eat anti inflammatory diet.
    I thrown hundreds at it trying to fix myself. Something is obviously wrong with me that’s not fixable through diet. It’s only the creams and stuff I have trouble with because I’ve not tried any creams before.
    I did research creams and mentioned soolantra but she ignored me and gave me this. And because it wasn’t on the list of creams I’d got written down it threw me. So I wondered it if was an off label use for it .
    Don’t get angry I’m just asking if anyone has used it .