Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Default Advice please

Iíve got to wait another 3 weeks to see the derm doc .
    I have Seborrhoeic Dermatitis Iím using Sebclair but itís a losing battle
    Extreme hypersensitive skin and itís very thin.
    Even my hands I have to use aqueous cream to was them as the skin is thin and my finger tips hurt and my hands burn.
    Flushing
    Massive pores
    And spots which I put sedecrem on .
    I am using cerave hydrating face wash which my skin doesnít react to but itís making my pores even bigger.
    I use oil of Olay sensitive which is probably bad but my skin has been ok with it for 20 years.

I have some metrogel but I have no idea how to use it or if itís any good. I have terrible gut problems that are behing this I also have essential tremors and a strange smell up my nose. I have blepharitis which is getting impossible to treat as I am reacting to most wipes. Iíve been told itís demodex possibly in my eyes.
    Is oral invectim and antibiotic treatment bad for your guts.? I have IBS and Gastris caused by antibiotics in October .
    I need to know my options before I see the doc
    I have no idea whatís going on with my skin and body any ideas.
    Plus any suggestions for face wash barrier cream/moisturiser
    Or what works best for this as Iím pretty new to this and I. Dreading going to the docs and coming away with harsh expensive creams I canít use .

You have a lot going on to ask your physician.

May want to read this post for some suggestions.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Given the IBS, I would recommend Petronella Ravenshear, a nutritionist in London, who can help with IBS and rosacea. That's in addition to seeing a dermatologist. I found Petronella very helpful with rosacea and digestion issues.

Have you made any changes to your diet to help your IBS or rosacea?

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Given the IBS, I would recommend Petronella Ravenshear, a nutritionist in London, who can help with IBS and rosacea. That's in addition to seeing a dermatologist. I found Petronella very helpful with rosacea and digestion issues.

Have you made any changes to your diet to help your IBS or rosacea?
    I tried cutting gluten out and dairy and have eaten an anti inflammatory diet since October.
    None of which has helped. I have live yoghurt now and kefir when my sister brings me some.
    I eat sour dough bread aswell now lots of salmon broccoli rice. I Eat only bland foods.
    Donít drink or smoke.

Iím on my knees with this.
    Donít think I could afford the consultation as I had to give up work so Iím realling on
    NHS which probably means little help.
    Thatís why Iím asking you guys coz you seem to have more knowledge than the Doctors.

Iíve changed from Cerave hydrating to Simple water boost gel as my pores were getting huge.
    The ingredients are as follows

Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Pantolactone, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Chloride,Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium itrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate.

My skin seems ok with it but itís probably not great for it .
    Moisturiser still trying to find one that is suitable for Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Rosacea.
    I suspect Oil of Olay is not up to the job anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I tried cutting gluten out and dairy and have eaten an anti inflammatory diet since October.
    None of which has helped. I have live yoghurt now and kefir when my sister brings me some.
    I eat sour dough bread aswell now lots of salmon broccoli rice. I Eat only bland foods.
    Donít drink or smoke.

Iím on my knees with this.
    Donít think I could afford the consultation as I had to give up work so Iím realling on
    NHS which probably means little help.
    Thatís why Iím asking you guys coz you seem to have more knowledge than the Doctors.

Iíve changed from Cerave hydrating to Simple water boost gel as my pores were getting huge.
    The ingredients are as follows

Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Pantolactone, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Chloride,Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium itrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate.

My skin seems ok with it but itís probably not great for it .
    Moisturiser still trying to find one that is suitable for Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Rosacea.
    I suspect Oil of Olay is not up to the job anymore.
    Sourdough bread or any bread or wheat is unlikely to be helpful for the flushing, similarly rice. In terms of order of bad carbohydrates, a lot of people find wheat the worst, then rice, and oats the least bothersome - that's been my experience anyway. Ideally you'll cut them all out, but I find some potatoes and oats are ok.

I find Sainsbury's zinc 15mg helpful, which is under £2 per pack.

I'd suggest you ask the doctor for Soolantra cream and clonidine, both of which they will hopefully be familiar with for rosacea. I'd suggest Efracea, which should help with the spots, but you said you reacted badly to antibiotics. There are many other medicines, but your GP may not be familiar with prescribing them for rosacea. The medicine to absolutely refuse is Brimonidine (branded as Mirvaso) as a lot of people have had a bad experience with this.

You can see on this NHS link the type of medicines you should be able to consider with your doctor. If the first doctor you see isn't willing to help with these, make an appointment with another.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rosacea/treatment/

Sourdough bread or any bread or wheat is unlikely to be helpful for the flushing, similarly rice. In terms of order of bad carbohydrates, a lot of people find wheat the worst, then rice, and oats the least bothersome - that's been my experience anyway. Ideally you'll cut them all out, but I find some potatoes and oats are ok.

I find Sainsbury's zinc 15mg helpful, which is under £2 per pack.

I'd suggest you ask the doctor for Soolantra cream and clonidine, both of which they will hopefully be familiar with for rosacea. I'd suggest Efracea, which should help with the spots, but you said you reacted badly to antibiotics. There are many other medicines, but your GP may not be familiar with prescribing them for rosacea. The medicine to absolutely refuse is Brimonidine (branded as Mirvaso) as a lot of people have had a bad experience with this.

You can see on this NHS link the type of medicines you should be able to consider with your doctor. If the first doctor you see isn't willing to help with these, make an appointment with another.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rosacea/treatment/
    To be honest I’m struggling to eat at all due to stomach issues.
    But thank you sooooooo much for your help it is greatly appreciated.

So what do you eat ?

Anyone else tried the simple water boost gel ?
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 28th June 2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    To be honest Iím struggling to eat at all due to stomach issues.
    But thank you sooooooo much for your help it is greatly appreciated.

So what do you eat ?

Anyone else tried the simple water boost gel ?
    I'd suggest a good quality probiotic to try and settle the stomach. I use Symprove, but this is quite expensive, but it is the probiotic proven to work best in clinical trials. A cheaper, but less effective probiotic is Solgar Advanced 40 plus acidophilus. Probiotics can be helpful to resolve issues caused by antibiotics.

https://www.symprove.com/symprove-explained/

I'd suggest a good quality probiotic to try and settle the stomach. I use Symprove, but this is quite expensive, but it is the probiotic proven to work best in clinical trials. A cheaper, but less effective probiotic is Solgar Advanced 40 plus acidophilus. Probiotics can be helpful to resolve issues caused by antibiotics.

https://www.symprove.com/symprove-explained/
    from taking Accutane I think my gut is a huge factor, even though it got much worse a long time after finishing Accutane. Not that Probiotic only helps with Rosacea.
    How long have you been taking Symprove? Have you noticed symptoms getting better?

O.

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    from taking Accutane I think my gut is a huge factor, even though it got much worse a long time after finishing Accutane. Not that Probiotic only helps with Rosacea.
    How long have you been taking Symprove? Have you noticed symptoms getting better?

O.
    Treating rosacea well often involves treating it medically (with medicines and creams), topically (with any appropriate oils or cosmetic products and cleanser), with diet and psychologically, as all these can play a role.

Symprove can certainly make a difference, especially in collaboration with the medicines I suggested above. I would try to get a referral to a dermatologist from your GP to open up a wider range of medicines hopefully. Symprove may well be a good investment for you given your IBS and gut problems, and Accutane has certainly been associated with gut problems yes (including in legal cases in America). I think there is a money back guarantee with Symprove as well - and they are a trustworthy company so they will honour it I'm sure. So while it may be quite expensive, you'll probably feel the money is worth it if you see improvement in your digestion.

I've been taking Symprove for about two years.

Treating rosacea well often involves treating it medically (with medicines and creams), topically (with any appropriate oils or cosmetic products and cleanser), with diet and psychologically, as all these can play a role.

Symprove can certainly make a difference, especially in collaboration with the medicines I suggested above. I would try to get a referral to a dermatologist from your GP to open up a wider range of medicines hopefully. Symprove may well be a good investment for you given your IBS and gut problems, and Accutane has certainly been associated with gut problems yes (including in legal cases in America). I think there is a money back guarantee with Symprove as well - and they are a trustworthy company so they will honour it I'm sure. So while it may be quite expensive, you'll probably feel the money is worth it if you see improvement in your digestion.

I've been taking Symprove for about two years.
    I have been having kefir and live yogurt.
    Tried metrogel and it took a lair of my skin off. Is this normal?