Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seborrhoeic dermatitis

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    then just clean your face with water,
    and use Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Avene Tolerance extreme lotion alternately.

And read this, it could help you.
    https://simpleskincarescience.com/de...rier-acne-fix/
    Yeah thatís what Iíve been doing I think itís coz Iíve got gastris and itís getting worse .

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Yeah thatís what Iíve been doing I think itís coz Iíve got gastris and itís getting worse .
    Getting worse ahhhh Iím sure Cereve hydrating wash is making it worse and making my pores even larger.
    I need a wash as gentle as Cereve but not so greasy

Whatís a good moisturiser that dose not feed Seb Derm or yeast ?
    Tom Busby's SD Treatment Protocol
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Anyone tied vanicream face wash?
    Iím still struggling still using Cerave hydrating as itís the only wash my skin is tolerating that doesnít burn but my pores are getting huge with this .
    I have Seborrhoeic Dermatitis that seems to be spreading.
    And more spots
    My skin is so sensitive I have tried use epimax to wash my hands .
    Anyone else have this severity of sensitivity??
    And have you found a wash ?

Vanicream is occlusive, which means it's designed to be waxy and hard to wash off. I don't like it because any lotion should be persistent for 12 to 24 hours, but still wash off easily. If a product doesn't wash off easily, you have a progressive layer of dirt, keratin, and sebum building up underneath the cream, right next to the skin.

Because seb derm usually includes a barely visible, excess keratin build up, washing this off is part of the treatment -- this occurs very slowly, so an occlusive interferes with the removal of excess keratin.

That being said, occlusive creams certainly have their usefulness, like for when you're going change the brake pads on your car, and want to keep the dirt and oil suspended in the cream on your hands. You'd have to wash several times anyway to get the automotive dirt and grease off, so the occlusive cream is great. Like gloves in a bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Vanicream is occlusive, which means it's designed to be waxy and hard to wash off. I don't like it because any lotion should be persistent for 12 to 24 hours, but still wash off easily. If a product doesn't wash off easily, you have a progressive layer of dirt, keratin, and sebum building up underneath the cream, right next to the skin.

Because seb derm usually includes a barely visible, excess keratin build up, washing this off is part of the treatment -- this occurs very slowly, so an occlusive interferes with the removal of excess keratin.

That being said, occlusive creams certainly have their usefulness, like for when you're going change the brake pads on your car, and want to keep the dirt and oil suspended in the cream on your hands. You'd have to wash several times anyway to get the automotive dirt and grease off, so the occlusive cream is great. Like gloves in a bottles.
    Your so knowledgeable on this. I tried vanicream but don’t think my skin likes it .
    I’m using Cerave but it makes my pores huge but my skin can tolerate it . Can’t find anything my skin can deal with. What do you think of Cereve hydrating? What do you use .
    Just got Cerave pm it’s expensive for what you get. Gonna try it on my arm first .
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 5th July 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Your so knowledgeable on this. I tried vanicream but don’t think my skin likes it .
    I’m using Cerave but it makes my pores huge but my skin can tolerate it . Can’t find anything my skin can deal with. What do you think of Cereve hydrating? What do you use .
    Just got Cerave pm it’s expensive for what you get. Gonna try it on my arm first .
    Update I’m trying Cerave pm on one side of my forehead and oil of Olay sensitive on the other .
    Not sure if my skin likes it yet keeping an eye on Seborrhoeic dermatitis to see if it’s worse on the Olay side.
    Also using botanical lab neem gentle face wash in the evening and Cerave hydrating in the morning.

Botanical lab ingredients are

Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Peg-60 Almond Glycerides, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Glyceryl Laurate, Laureth-3,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Disodium Edta, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Leptospermum Petersonii Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Linalool

Probably not great for my skin but don’t sting like all the other rosacea face washes I’ve tried . But Cerave leaves my skin feeling so greasy and makes my pores huge .

Actually its not the Cerave PM it’s the facial moisturiser which the website says is the same as the PM one not sure if this is true as I don’t have the PM ingredients.

But Cerave facial moisturiser ingredients are

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Trigylyceride, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl - 3 Diisostearate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Potassium Phosphate, Disodium Edta, Dipotassium Phosphate, Ceramide Np, Ceramide Ap, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide Eop.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 7th July 2019 at 08:26 PM.

Default Update Seborrhoeic Derm face wash

Right if your face can tolerate it this keeps SD at bay unfortunately also slightly iratetes me but Im Hypersensitive . But itís cleared SD
    Whether I can continue using it not sure but anyone with less sensitive skin it could be a solution.

https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face-...150ml/p/760284

Anyone tried baby powder? At least to try to calm down the oilyness etc.