Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Seborrhoeic dermatitis

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default Seborrhoeic dermatitis

    Whatís a good moisturiser that dose not feed Seb Derm or yeast ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    CeraVe Moisturizing Cream should be fine.
    I found this page.. not directly for SE, but can help a lot to find a good product.

    https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/
    Last edited by JohnK; 7th June 2019 at 12:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    CeraVe Moisturizing Cream should be fine.
    I found this page.. not directly for SE, but can help a lot to find a good product.

    https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/
    I’m using the cereve moisturising face wash I’ve found that my skin tolerates this but I think it’s spreading my Seb Derm is that possible?
    Its the only one my skin tolerates but it’s not ideal x
    I’m using oil of Olay sensitive at the moment.
    Aqua, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Hydroxystearate, Steareth-100, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Tocopherol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT, Potassium Hydroxide, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, MDM Hydantoin
    Does oil of Olay feed yeast ?
    My skin is dry and sensitive with large pores what other face washes are there that helps repair the barrier without blocking pores ?
    I’ve tried the Cereve moisturiser my skin was not sure .
    I’ve heard the pm is better but it has mixed reviews .

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    The cerave face wash contains yeast feeding ingredients, so yes it's possible.
    The oil of Olaz sensitive, does not look good for me, I did not check all ingredients, but Paraffinum Liquidum (destroys skin barrier if used long times) and Stearic Acid (feeds yeast) are already bad ingredients in my opinion.

    I use the cerave face wash too, as I did not find a better one so far.
    The Moisturizing Cream does not feed the yeast, all other Cerave products feed the yeast. (The Am seems to be reformulated, was ok but now not anymore)


    If you like to lookup a product for ingredients that feed MALASSEZIA;

    https://www.sezia.co/
    Last edited by JohnK; 7th June 2019 at 07:52 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    The cerave face wash contains yeast feeding ingredients, so yes it's possible.
    The oil of Olaz sensitive, does not look good for me, I did not check all ingridients, but Paraffinum Liquidum (destroys skin barrier if used long times) and Stearic Acid (feeds yeast) are already bad ingredients in my opinion.

    I use the cerave face wahs too, as I did not find a better one so far.
    The Moisturizing Cream and the CeraVe AM do not feed the yeast, all other Cerave products feed the yeast.
    Yeah feel like Iím stuck between a rock and a hard place coz I can use the wash without burning but it seems to be making sseb derm worse .
    But Iíve triead loads of washes and my skin is so sensitive. Is there any similar to this that doesnít feed yeast ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    149
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Is there any similar to this that doesnít feed yeast ?
    You should really take the time to check out the link John posted. The answers/cleansers that are safe are in that blog post.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daners View Post
    You should really take the time to check out the link John posted. The answers/cleansers that are safe are in that blog post.
    Yeah I think Iíve read it some time ago .
    Think he suggested cereve Pm .
    But canít remember .

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Eucerin DermatoClean Refreshing Cleansing does not feed yeast.
    Avene Cleansing Foam does not feed yeast, but contains Fragrance so might not be a problem for your skin.

    got those from the blog i linked, there are more listed.

    In the end its just try and error ... no one can tell you what you can use, but with the two links I posted you can at least eliminate a lot of products as you can quickly check the ingredients.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Eucerin DermatoClean Refreshing Cleansing does not feed yeast.
    Avene Cleansing Foam does not feed yeast, but contains Fragrance so might not be a problem for your skin.

    got those from the blog i linked, there are more listed.

    In the end its just try and error ... no one can tell you what you can use, but with the two links I posted you can at least eliminate a lot of products as you can quickly check the ingredients.
    Yeah Iíve tried both of them. Both sting 😔 my face is in a mess I cereve hydrating is the closest Iíve got
    but I think it making things worse.
    I need something that restores skin barrier but donít block pores .
    Iím so depressed on top of that Iím seriously ill as well .
    Any other suggestions please coz Iím going back into hospital and need to find something soon .

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    then just clean your face with water,
    and use Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Avene Tolerance extreme lotion alternately.


    And read this, it could help you.
    https://simpleskincarescience.com/de...rier-acne-fix/

Similar Threads

  1. seborrhoeic dermatitis
    By mcbridc9 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th August 2018, 04:58 PM
  2. seborrhoeic dermatitis
    By mcbridc9 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th February 2018, 02:24 PM
  3. seborrhoeic dermatitis or rosacea?
    By pier01980 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st May 2012, 01:16 AM
  4. Seborrhoeic Dermatitis - What Worked For Me - Try It
    By GAaron in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd January 2011, 05:05 AM
  5. Do you have Seborrhoeic dermatitis?
    By RedHotCanuck in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 23rd July 2005, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •