Thread: Demodex hair loss (wtf is happening?)

Default Demodex hair loss (wtf is happening?)

Is it possible for the demodex mites to be visible at the very root of a hair strand ? my hair is slowly thinning basically everywhere (scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes) and each strand I check out I see this grainy rice like thing at the very beginning of the strand . I get the itching in the nighttime , now less than after taking ivermectin tablets(last dose two weeks ago ) but the problem still persists,the only thing that kind of started happening less are the little pustules ,i didn't get any new ones in four days which is a lot for me .I take every possible supplement on the planet and have just started with a candida diet.my skin is super oily btw , wtf is happening?
    Last edited by feckes94; 1st June 2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    Is it possible for the demodex mites to be visible at the very root of a hair strand ? my hair is slowly thinning basically everywhere (scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes) and each strand I check out I see this grainy rice like thing at the very beginning of the strand . I get the itching in the nighttime , now less than after taking ivermectin tablets(last dose two weeks ago ) but the problem still persists,the only thing that kind of started happening less are the little pustules ,i didn't get any new ones in four days which is a lot for me .I take every possible supplement on the planet and have just started with a candida diet.my skin is super oily btw , wtf is happening?
    I think demodex mites contributed to some hair thinning in my case. I've since found a couple of products which help the hair grow thicker/kill demodex mites. La Biosthetique Deincrustante lotion is good for this (used about once a week). I put it on before bed and keep it on over night. Ideally you'll have a dispenser bottle to spread it over the scalp well:
    https://www.haircareshop.co.uk/store...leanse-lotion/

Thursday Plantation shampoo is useful to use every other day:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thursday-Pl...gateway&sr=8-8

The other shampoo I use is La Biosthetique Lipokerine E which is very nourishing for sensitive scalp:
    https://www.haircareshop.co.uk/store...shampoo-250ml/

Of all these products, if you were just to use one, I'd recommend the first for speeding up hair growth. In the end hairs will not necessarily be fully exposed to ivermectin taken orally, so you need a topical treatment to kill them on the scalp as well. Changing pillowcases, bedding and towels regularly is also important around the time you are treating the face and scalp for demodex.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 1st June 2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    Borax shampoo is very soothing to itchy scalp caused by demodex. Borax used topically will kill demodex skin mites and is an effective topical treatment for candida yeast infections. Apple Cider Vinegar is effective against the malassezia fungus that causes sebborrhoeic dermatitis.

The DIY Borax Shampoo followed by the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse is here:

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...=Borax+shampoo

Tellogen Effluvium appears as a diffuse thinning of hair on the scalp, which may not be even all over. It can be a bit more severe in some areas of the scalp than others. Most often, the hair on top of the scalp thins more than it does at the sides and back of the scalp. There is usually no hair line recession, except in a few rare chronic cases.

The shed hairs are typically telogen hairs, which can be recognized by a small bulb of keratin on the root end. Whether the keratinized lump is pigmented or unpigmented makes no difference; the hair fibers are still typical telogen hairs. I think i may have this , on top of my rosacea , **** my life