Thread: Pinpoint red spots/broken capillaries

Default Pinpoint red spots/broken capillaries

Does anyone else get these red dots that appear and slowly disappear? I get them if I get upset (if I cry, Iím almost guaranteed to have them the next day), but sometimes I seem to get them for no obvious reason. Maybe Iím flushing overnight? Maybe itís a medication making it worse? Hormones? This week, I have had about six appear at different days and I have no real idea why... This never happened pre rosacea so clearly itís related.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Does anyone else get these red dots that appear and slowly disappear? I get them if I get upset (if I cry, Iím almost guaranteed to have them the next day), but sometimes I seem to get them for no obvious reason. Maybe Iím flushing overnight? Maybe itís a medication making it worse? Hormones? This week, I have had about six appear at different days and I have no real idea why... This never happened pre rosacea so clearly itís related.
    This could well be related to demodex mite activity. Have you tried Soolantra or Zhongzhou cream?

Yes, I use Soolantra. It doesnít seem to be demodex related. Like I said, it happens if I cry, etc and seems to be tiny burst capillaries. I understand it for those situations but not when they just pop up overnight. My only thought is that maybe Iím having strong flushing in my sleep sometimes? I just wondered if other people with rosacea have this problem...

Yes, I use Soolantra. It doesnít seem to be demodex related. Like I said, it happens if I cry, etc and seems to be tiny burst capillaries. I understand it for those situations but not when they just pop up overnight. My only thought is that maybe Iím having strong flushing in my sleep sometimes? I just wondered if other people with rosacea have this problem...
    Do the red spots/areas go away again, or are they permanent once they arise?

Most demodex activity happens overnight - they are active at this time for various reasons - hence it's best to apply Soolantra or Zhongzhou cream just before bedtime.

Does anyone else get these red dots that appear and slowly disappear? I get them if I get upset (if I cry, I’m almost guaranteed to have them the next day), but sometimes I seem to get them for no obvious reason. Maybe I’m flushing overnight? Maybe it’s a medication making it worse? Hormones? This week, I have had about six appear at different days and I have no real idea why... This never happened pre rosacea so clearly it’s related.
    yes i've had those. they appeared following flushing and occasionally a bad one would turn into a bump. vbeam has gotten rid of most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    yes i've had those. they appeared following flushing and occasionally a bad one would turn into a bump. vbeam has gotten rid of most of them.
    Thanks- good to know Iím not alone! Mine actually go away on their own, usually in a week or less. But unless Iím flushing at night, I have no explanation for these ones that just randomly appear. So no thoughts on how to avoid them...

Thanks- good to know Iím not alone! Mine actually go away on their own, usually in a week or less. But unless Iím flushing at night, I have no explanation for these ones that just randomly appear. So no thoughts on how to avoid them...
    I'm pretty sure they're vascular, so treatments that destroy the veins should stop them from appearing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're vascular, so treatments that destroy the veins should stop them from appearing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that makes sense that reducing the vascular problem would reduce the likelihood of it happening.

I believe what you're referring to is called a petechiae. Google it real quick. They're these little pinprick red spots, and I get them, too. I currently have one directly beneath my eye, and it's been months and it still hasn't gone away. Super frustrating. But in the past, they've always gone away eventually, so I figure this one probably will too.