Thread: Prevent facial redness and flushing with green smoothies

Default Prevent facial redness and flushing with green smoothies

I've been flushing for a good 10 years. At its worst, I'd wake up in the mornings with hot, red skin, that was sometimes painful to the touch. Hot rooms triggered me, as did social settings, but eating food seemed to be what brought on a flush the most.

Every time I'd eat a meal, my face would end up burning and stinging. I refused to eat in the company of others and became reclusive.

It took me years to figure out that the wrong types of foods were triggering me, and it was not until fairly recently that I understood the role of gut bacteria and immune health.

I did experience lots of stress in 2009 which is when the flushing was really out of control.

My face was burned by Mirvaso rebounds in 2017 after using it twice on my skin. For weeks after using it, my skin got red at about 5pm every day. Sometimes I would get horribly flushed after eating my meal. The combination of food-flushing and the Mirvaso flushes was too much for me.

I changed my diet and avoided heavy carbs and many nightshade vegetables. Together with pulsed dye laser I seemed to have disrupted the flushing.

The celerly, kale, cucumber, ginger and almond milk smoothies I've been having for the last few weeks are gentle on my system and I hope my baseline improves. In the video my skin looks quite calm, but in hot rooms, I look very red even when I'm not actually having what I consider a full-blown flush.

The spots on my forehead are not as bad as they are normally but it could be in part to having given up gluten recently.
    Last edited by darren1; 29th May 2019 at 05:32 PM.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Thanks for sharing, Darren! Nice video, Iíll try your snoothie! Hope your progress continues

I came across the first dermatologist recently who really said she thought Mirvaso had some nasty potential side effects - Dr Susan Mayou at the Cadogan Clinic. Every other doctor I've seen has always been very free to offer it to me - I've always refused it! I was impressed at Dr Mayou's honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I came across the first dermatologist recently who really said she thought Mirvaso had some nasty potential side effects - Dr Susan Mayou at the Cadogan Clinic. Every other doctor I've seen has always been very free to offer it to me - I've always refused it! I was impressed at Dr Mayou's honesty.
    I've only come across 2 derms (out of a dozen?) to not like mirvaso ... the first was a laser doc and I think it was only because she wanted to sell laser The second actually had used mirvaso herself (she had a flushing nose) and noticed terrible rebound, that migrated around her face, even in areas she did not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    I've only come across 2 derms (out of a dozen?) to not like mirvaso ... the first was a laser doc and I think it was only because she wanted to sell laser The second actually had used mirvaso herself (she had a flushing nose) and noticed terrible rebound, that migrated around her face, even in areas she did not use it.
    I will never touch the stuff, or Rhofade just because of the things I have read on this forum. My issue is I also have seb derm and nothing has been effective for me.. but I also haven't really stuck with anything. I took minocycline for 6 months EARLY and we're talking late 2015-early 2016. I have metrogel that I never really cared to use as I'm not severe type 2, just some random P&Ps that aren't even my biggest concern. I hate the enlarged pores, what it has done to my skin texture and the redness of course. My skin was perfect the first 27.5 years of my life. I'm now 31 and find every day difficult to get through now. I actually didn't go to work yesterday because of this.. I live in the South and it's been in the 90s-100 degrees Fahrenheit every day for the past couple weeks. It won't really cool off here until October. Winter isn't even really a respite for me though because of the seb derm.

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    I will never touch the stuff, or Rhofade just because of the things I have read on this forum. My issue is I also have seb derm and nothing has been effective for me.. but I also haven't really stuck with anything. I took minocycline for 6 months EARLY and we're talking late 2015-early 2016. I have metrogel that I never really cared to use as I'm not severe type 2, just some random P&Ps that aren't even my biggest concern. I hate the enlarged pores, what it has done to my skin texture and the redness of course. My skin was perfect the first 27.5 years of my life. I'm now 31 and find every day difficult to get through now. I actually didn't go to work yesterday because of this.. I live in the South and it's been in the 90s-100 degrees Fahrenheit every day for the past couple weeks. It won't really cool off here until October. Winter isn't even really a respite for me though because of the seb derm.
    hows it going? any meds or supplement you take getting through the day? I think my skin is similar to yours. Oily too? red, enlarged pores, pimple here and there