Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Do I have rosacea or not?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default Do I have rosacea or not?

    So Iím only 17, and have had redness on my cheeks for a couple years now but it only started getting noticeable recently. Long story short I went to two different doctors one being a dermatologist who told me I had rosacea and told me to use mirvaso. After about 3 days of using it I noticed harsh rebound and flushing exactly in the areas i applied it to do immediately stopped. I asked the doctor if what I have is rosacea or Keratosis pilaris ruba faceii (KPRF) and he didnít really give a clear answer. I believe what I have is not rosacea as the redness only appears on the cheeks and there are no blood vessels visible or pimples of that sort. Also wouldnít it be very unlikely for a person my age at 17 to have had rosacea since I was around 13 which wouldnít make sense. Iím still suffering rebound flushing from the mirvaso at night even though itís been about 2 months since I used the gel and i a Experience flushing in the places I applied it. As of now Iím unsure what to do in terms of relieving the mirvaso rebound flushing and the cause of my general redness whether it be KPRF or rosacea so would like some help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Also my flushing looks almost identical to this persons

    https://imgur.com/a/o7X16ga

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    149
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Looks like KPRF to me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Treat it with Soolantra and see what happens. Might be demodex

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Treat it with Soolantra and see what happens. Might be demodex
    To be honest, after trying mirvaso and seeing what itís done to my skin, I really donít want to try any of these other gels which cause rebound flushing as itís not a long term fix.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    419

    Default

    No rebound with soolantra. Read up on it on this forum ;)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    No rebound with soolantra. Read up on it on this forum ;)
    Wouldnít Soolantra only be to treat and remove pimples and large spots so this wouldnít be appropriate for me as my skin is similar to image above. Also on the reviews online about soolantra a lot of people have reported worsening of their condition

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    115
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous756756 View Post
    Wouldn’t Soolantra only be to treat and remove pimples and large spots so this wouldn’t be appropriate for me as my skin is similar to image above. Also on the reviews online about soolantra a lot of people have reported worsening of their condition
    Soolantra is a topical cream containing Ivermectin. It is used to treat Demodex Skin Mites which can cause Rosacea. Its been implicated in both Rosacea Subtype 1 (the kind that is mostly red) and Subtype 2 (the kind with Papules and Pustules).

    Soolantra will kill demodex. "Die offs" do occur during treatment. When mites die they can create more apparent pustules. The pustules are the dead mites. Treatment can result in more pustules for a short time. But once the mites are dead or under control the pustules stop. So, die offs are actually a good sign that the treatment is working. For some people the mites can trigger a lot of redness, possibly due to an allergic or inflammatory reaction to the mites.

    Soolantra isn't going to help unless Demodex is causing the problem.

    Demodex can get overpopulated when the immune system is low. It can happen to anyone at any age over 5. The mites eat oil and possible skin cells. Children under the age of 5 are generally not affected since their oil glands haven't started producing yet.

    I had a severe problem with demodex that started at age 11.5 after 2 weeks in bed with a severe viral infection. My immune system was really low after that illness. Within a year the skin problems started getting more obvious. Early on, my pores got plugged up with large blackheads. Some pores looked like I had Keratosis Pilaris. My skin issues continued for many years misdiagnosed as bacterial acne and the redness in my eyes was misdiagnosed as allergic conjunctivitis. I didn't have the redness that many people have and the issues with telecgantasias didn't show up until it got really severe.

    Did the doctors test you for demodex skin mites? If not they should. If it is not demodex, then Soolantra isn't likely to help. If its demodex, then Soolantra could help you a lot. Ivermectin has been around since 1975 - it is well understood and considered safe for most people. Ivermectin is used to treat parasites like demodex, scabies, etc. Ivermectin is nothing like Mirvaso.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 24th May 2019 at 12:57 AM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Soolantra is a topical cream containing Ivermectin. It is used to treat Demodex Skin Mites which can cause Rosacea. Its been implicated in both Rosacea Subtype 1 (the kind that is mostly red) and Subtype 2 (the kind with Papules and Pustules).

    Soolantra will kill demodex. "Die offs" do occur during treatment. When mites die they can create more apparent pustules. The pustules are the dead mites. Treatment can result in more pustules for a short time. But once the mites are dead or under control the pustules stop. So, die offs are actually a good sign that the treatment is working. For some people the mites can trigger a lot of redness, possibly due to an allergic or inflammatory reaction to the mites.

    Soolantra isn't going to help unless Demodex is causing the problem.

    Demodex can get overpopulated when the immune system is low. It can happen to anyone at any age over 5. The mites eat oil and possible skin cells. Children under the age of 5 are generally not affected since their oil glands haven't started producing yet.

    I had a severe problem with demodex that started at age 11.5 after 2 weeks in bed with a severe viral infection. My immune system was really low after that illness. Within a year the skin problems started getting more obvious. Early on, my pores got plugged up with large blackheads. Some pores looked like I had Keratosis Pilaris. My skin issues continued for many years misdiagnosed as bacterial acne and the redness in my eyes was misdiagnosed as allergic conjunctivitis. I didn't have the redness that many people have and the issues with telecgantasias didn't show up until it got really severe.

    Did the doctors test you for demodex skin mites? If not they should. If it is not demodex, then Soolantra isn't likely to help. If its demodex, then Soolantra could help you a lot. Ivermectin has been around since 1975 - it is well understood and considered safe for most people. Ivermectin is used to treat parasites like demodex, scabies, etc. Ivermectin is nothing like Mirvaso.
    I wasnít tested for anything yet after 2 minutes of the doctor seeing me he prescribed me the soolantra, lucky I havenít used it as I presume Demodex isnít what Iím suffering with, rather the redness seems to be caused by KPRF

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Well, good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •