Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best mirtazapine dose

Sorry, to answer your question more directly, it seems that 15mg is working ok for me. I followed other people's advice and took 22.5 previously - the idea being that you get slightly more anti-depressant effect, but still benefit from the anti-histamine properties of the drug which are supposed to get weaker as you move to 30mg and beyond.

One thing to warn for is when you stop taking it. I tried to taper it over a few weeks, but when I went from 7.5mg to 0mg, I had a week of absolutely no sleep at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff1 View Post
    Sorry, to answer your question more directly, it seems that 15mg is working ok for me. I followed other people's advice and took 22.5 previously - the idea being that you get slightly more anti-depressant effect, but still benefit from the anti-histamine properties of the drug which are supposed to get weaker as you move to 30mg and beyond.

One thing to warn for is when you stop taking it. I tried to taper it over a few weeks, but when I went from 7.5mg to 0mg, I had a week of absolutely no sleep at all!
    You can get a liquid version of mirtazapine to taper off very slowly e.g. 7mg per day for one week, 6mg the next week etc. In the end I found it easier just to break the tablet up though.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    You can get a liquid version of mirtazapine to taper off very slowly e.g. 7mg per day for one week, 6mg the next week etc. In the end I found it easier just to break the tablet up though.
    My problem was tapering too quickly. I went from 22.5 to 0g in less than 3 weeks. I wanted to be off entirely by the time I went on holiday.