Thread: TRIPLC Protocol

Default TRIPLC Protocol

Hi all,

I have been a patient of Dr Montero who I understood used the same protocol as Dr Crouch during our treatments. I have recently started seeing a new dermatologist closer to home and have provided her with my settings to replicate the same treatment with the same machine.

Unfortunately, the two treatments I have had with the new dermatologist have felt more aggressive than then ones I had with Dr Montero to the point where I could pain-wise only tolerate one go around the face (previously I could complete a whole treatment no issues) and even then this was dropping the settings far below what I was having previously.

I have discussed this with my dermatologist who simply put the issue down to differences in the machine potentially being newer but I personally donít feel this will account for such a difference in tolerance.

Please could anyone provide guidance as to why Iím having such a difference in the outcome of my treatments when the settings are meant to be being replicated?

I wanted to provide my new dermatologist with further information regarding Dr Crouchís protocols for treatment however Iíve found it difficult finding a general full explanation of how he treated patients from start to finish. Iíve noticed there was a website he referred to previously (www.triplc.info) however this seems to no longer be working.

Does anyone have anything that I may be able to show to fully explain the treatment settings that I have used before?

Many thanks

If it helps, you can retrieve that website through archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110705...w.triplc.info/

That said, I've been treated with both Vbeam and the IPL + Nd:YAG approach that Crouch and Montero use, and while the first couple IPLs were very helpful, overall I've gotten much better results from Vbeam. I didn't find either type of treatment painful.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    If it helps, you can retrieve that website through archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110705...w.triplc.info/

That said, I've been treated with both Vbeam and the IPL + Nd:YAG approach that Crouch and Montero use, and while the first couple IPLs were very helpful, overall I've gotten much better results from Vbeam. I didn't find either type of treatment painful.
    Hi - thanks for the response

Could I ask where youíve visited for Vbeam treatments? Would like to see if itís local and do some research into it.

Iím happy to try anything but am conscious of any bruising or noticeable inflammation after treatment which is why Iíve stuck to the gentle IPL approach so far.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaveitnow View Post

Could I ask where youíve visited for Vbeam treatments? Would like to see if itís local and do some research into it.

Iím happy to try anything but am conscious of any bruising or noticeable inflammation after treatment which is why Iíve stuck to the gentle IPL approach so far.

Many thanks
    If you read through the laser and IPL section of this forum you will see a lot of people have had problems with these treatments for their rosacea. I would definitely not continue with any practitioner you are not fully confident in, and seek out a highly experienced doctor who you are very confident in to carry them out, or otherwise consider the medication route to treating your rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    If you read through the laser and IPL section of this forum you will see a lot of people have had problems with these treatments for their rosacea. I would definitely not continue with any practitioner you are not fully confident in, and seek out a highly experienced doctor who you are very confident in to carry them out, or otherwise consider the medication route to treating your rosacea.
    I definitely agree with you - Iíve got one more session on Monday but have got a consultation elsewhere later on in the week. Judging by the website of the place Iíve got the consultation at they follow Dr Crouchís protocol so hopefully Iíll be able to provide the details of my previous settings so they can replicate it a bit better.

Already a patient of Dr Chu but unfortunately the permanent redness isnít going anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaveitnow View Post

Many thanks
    I moved and see someone in the US, so it's probably not of much help to you. Feel free to message me if you want his name, though. There are some reviews on this forum for other Vbeam practitioners who I think might be near you, but I've noticed that people seem to mostly get bruising treatments.