Thread: Eyebrow itchiness +flakes, hair loss

Default Eyebrow itchiness +flakes, hair loss

Hi everyone
    I noticed individual eyebrow hairs moving directions about a year ago. Then flakes dot and skin that I could peel off. Few months later it started to itch randomly which happens frequently now. Im not sure if it's sebherrohic dermatitis or alopecia but the hair keep falling out. I got dandruff in my ears during this time and suffered dandruff on my head most my life. The hairs grow back but it takes a long time and seems like they are finer. I was using diprosone cream 0.5 mg for a month which made the scaling so much worse. About 3 weeks I stopped using it and got nizoral 2% and lotrimin ultra. I use the nizoral everyday and the lotrimin ultra I put a lot on in the night before I sleep. I havnt got anymore scales I can peel nor much redness but I've never had that much redness to begin with. Still have few flakes here and there and it still itches but that's kind of improving. My main concern is the eyebrow hair loss. I have very bushy eyebrows but it's thinning out and I lose about 6-10 a day. It was worse before. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    Hi everyone
    I noticed individual eyebrow hairs moving directions about a year ago. Then flakes dot and skin that I could peel off. Few months later it started to itch randomly which happens frequently now. Im not sure if it's sebherrohic dermatitis or alopecia but the hair keep falling out. I got dandruff in my ears during this time and suffered dandruff on my head most my life. The hairs grow back but it takes a long time and seems like they are finer. I was using diprosone cream 0.5 mg for a month which made the scaling so much worse. About 3 weeks I stopped using it and got nizoral 2% and lotrimin ultra. I use the nizoral everyday and the lotrimin ultra I put a lot on in the night before I sleep. I havnt got anymore scales I can peel nor much redness but I've never had that much redness to begin with. Still have few flakes here and there and it still itches but that's kind of improving. My main concern is the eyebrow hair loss. I have very bushy eyebrows but it's thinning out and I lose about 6-10 a day. It was worse before. Any suggestions?
    Check out information on demodex. It sounds like you may have a demodex issue.

Default Démodéx

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm not so sure, I have researched it and at one point I got tea tree oil but it didn't really help I'd mix it with aloe Vera because it was 100%. I only did that for about a week. No results. My eyelashes are ok though and it usually is suppose to attack those. I have no red bumps on my brows either. Also is it worth a biopsy if I don't get the redness? Cheers