Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyebrow itchiness +flakes, hair loss

I've had to deal with crusty itchy eyebrows for quite some time now. They're always red and crusty, sometimes the crust turns yellow and it peels off. It looks nothing like regular dry skin/dandruff, but I'm no expert. I've tried a few things so far:

moisturizing lotion

hydrocortisone cream

anti-dandruff shampoo

Ok I had the meeting with over 40 dermatologists. It was overwhelming. They put you in a room and one after another walk in. I see my derm in 2 weeks and he will tell me what they said because they had a meeting, conference at a university after. Some of them were very interested, some didn't care and some were very rude. Many of them felt intimidated that I know so much about their stupid medical field and know all the terminology and most were impressed. I gave them all copies detailing my symptoms, timeline, what products I've used, pictures and results. I answered every question in detail and represented myself well. One old derm douchebag said if the info is not on one sheet of paper he won't read it. Pathetic old fool he must of been bullied in highschool and lost all empathy for mankind. The best derm in my state was so nice and very empathetic, impressed with everything I've learnt. It was most defiently an awful experience. Hopefully my derm gets some kind of strategy from all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    Ok I had the meeting with over 40 dermatologists. It was overwhelming. They put you in a room and one after another walk in. I see my derm in 2 weeks and he will tell me what they said because they had a meeting, conference at a university after. Some of them were very interested, some didn't care and some were very rude. Many of them felt intimidated that I know so much about their stupid medical field and know all the terminology and most were impressed. I gave them all copies detailing my symptoms, timeline, what products I've used, pictures and results. I answered every question in detail and represented myself well. One old derm douchebag said if the info is not on one sheet of paper he won't read it. Pathetic old fool he must of been bullied in highschool and lost all empathy for mankind. The best derm in my state was so nice and very empathetic, impressed with everything I've learnt. It was most defiently an awful experience. Hopefully my derm gets some kind of strategy from all this.
    When the RRDi was formed in 2004, the medical community was actually worse than your forty dermatologists, and, didn't take rosacea seriously, considered rosacea primarily as a cosmetic issue. Since then, the skin industry which includes the pharmaceutical companies involved with skin as well as the cosmetics companies have both sponsored millions of dollars of skin industry research and some of this money has targeted rosacea so there is some rosacea research. The vast majority, if not most, has been targeted at research on skin conditions that have a more devastating impact on sufferers, i.e., melanoma, psoriasis, with a tiny percentage on rosacea. The skin industry, which makes billions of dollars, now takes rosacea a little more seriously than it did seventeen years ago. Your getting the attention of forty dermatologists in an academic setting that gave you some attention shows that there is some progress. No rosacean could do this seventeen years ago and it was never done. The whole reason we formed the RRDi, not to mention the RRF (but I just did!), was that we wanted to make a united effort as rosaceans to get the medical community to pay attention to the 'voice' of rosacea sufferers. We wanted to sponsor our own independent rosacea research (the RRF actually did sponsor $16K by gathering the money from rosaceans) and impress the medical community that rosacea is a serious medical condition. So kudos to you for your courageous stand in front of all those dermatologists. The difference today is that rosaceans have an armamentarium of powerful digital tools with advent of the medical digital revolution and you have used these tools successfully. Dermatologists not keeping up with these latest digital tools are dying off and the young dermatologists are keeping up. The RRDi does take seriously that we need the medical community, particularly dermagologists to take rosaceans seriously and have gathered together 45 medical professionals, mostly dermatologists, who have some expertise in rosacea. If you think it is easy to gather 45 medical experts on rosacea into one medical advisory consultant body, I challenge anyone to do it. While the skin industry does not take the RRDi seriously because we simply don't have enough members, the RRDi is the ONLY non profit organization formed for this purpose. The dermatologists haven't taken seriously any of the rosacea social media groups where all the rosaceans have gone, and I doubt if they ever will other than a browbeat consideration. So I congratulate your stand before those 'learned' men and keep searching.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 18th February 2021 at 02:43 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    When the RRDi was formed in 2004, the medical community was actually worse than your forty dermatologists, and, didn't take rosacea seriously, considered rosacea primarily as a cosmetic issue. Since then, the skin industry which includes the pharmaceutical involved with skin and the cosmetics industry have sponsored millions of dollars of skin industry research and some of this money has targeted rosacea so there is some rosacea research. The vast majority, if not most, has been targeted at research on skin conditions that have a more devastating impact on sufferers, i.e., melanoma, psoriasis, with a tiny percentage on rosacea. The skin industry, which makes billions of dollars, now takes rosacea a little more seriously than it did seventeen years ago. Your getting the attention of forty dermatologists in an academic setting that gave you some attention shows that there is some progress. No rosacean could do this seventeen years ago and it was never done. The whole reason we formed the RRDi, not to mention the RRF (but I just did!), was that we wanted to make a united effort as rosaceans to get the medical community to pay attention to the 'voice' of rosacea sufferers. We wanted to sponsor our own independent rosacea research (the RRF actually did sponsor $16K by gathering the money from rosaceans) and realize that rosacea is a serious medical condition. So kudos to you for your courageous stand in front of all those dermatologists. The difference today is that rosaceans have an armamentarium of powerful digital tools with advent of the medical digital revolution and you have used these tools successfully. Dermatologists not keeping up with these latest digital tools are dying off and the young dermatologists are keeping up. The RRDi does take seriously that we need the medical community, particularly dermagologists to take rosaceans seriously and have gathered together 45 medical professionals, mostly dermatologists, who have some expertise in rosacea. If you think it is easy to gather 45 medical experts on rosacea into one medical advisory consultant body, I challenge anyone to do it. While the skin industry does not take the RRDi seriously because we simply don't have enough members, the RRDi is the ONLY non profit organization founded on this purpose. The dermatologists haven't taken seriously any of the rosacea social media groups where all the rosaceans have gone, and I doubt if they ever will other than a browbeat. So I congratulate your stand before those 'learned' men and keep searching.
    Thank you Brady. I think I'll be releasing a journal I've been documenting to help others at some point. It'll reference this forum and the contribution it's made to me as far as info and keeping my general sanity. I think this forum is where egos go out the door and real info and experiences are shared. Ive read through hundreds of posts here dating back from 2013. Those 40 dermatologists, which I thought would be 12 to 15 are imbedded with ego and lack basic empathy. Unfortunately they're attitude is a worldwide phenomenon in dermatology now and they're profiting dearly from our misery with very minimal results and without any accountibility. I am lucky to have the resources to keep trying, I can't just give up like so many others. These skin issues are more then just cosmetic but are cause of pain, chronic itch, burning, crawling sensations and really cause a poor quality of life. I was not allowed to record yesterday's meeting. I had taken a gopro camera to do so. I'll keep this post updated. P.S the zhongzu cream didn't help me but it has cured my neice of erythema and acne. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    Thank you Brady. I think I'll be releasing a journal I've been documenting to help others at some point. It'll reference this forum and the contribution it's made to me as far as info and keeping my general sanity. I think this forum is where egos go out the door and real info and experiences are shared. Ive read through hundreds of posts here dating back from 2013. Those 40 dermatologists, which I thought would be 12 to 15 are imbedded with ego and lack basic empathy. Unfortunately they're attitude is a worldwide phenomenon in dermatology now and they're profiting dearly from our misery with very minimal results and without any accountibility. I am lucky to have the resources to keep trying, I can't just give up like so many others. These skin issues are more then just cosmetic but are cause of pain, chronic itch, burning, crawling sensations and really cause a poor quality of life. I was not allowed to record yesterday's meeting. I had taken a gopro camera to do so. I'll keep this post updated. P.S the zhongzu cream didn't help me but it has cured my neice of erythema and acne. Thank you.
    Yes, RF (a vBulletin style platform) is definitely a gold mind of rosacea resource data and it would be a shame if we lost RF. Hopefully, David Pascoe keeps funding the bill here to keep the payments on the hosting and registration of the domain. It is basically the last 'forum' style platform for rosacea that has any activity. Even David's phpBB forum has about the same activity as the RRDi Invision Community forum platform.

The RRDi allows you to have your own rosacea blog for free and you could post your journal there and refer to your blog with a url similar to my blog:

https://irosacea.org/blogs/entry/4-bradys-blog/
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 18th February 2021 at 03:32 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi