Thread: Ivermectin breakout on 12th week

Default Ivermectin breakout on 12th week

It’s been a minute since I’ve posted here but I’m happy to say things have been more or less under control, thanks to Finacea and ivermectin. Unfortunately though the latter seems to have stopped working.

Today was supposed to have been my last day of 12 weeks but I have a few small breakouts on my cheeks (about 4-6 tiny bumps). What worries me is that I’ve had the clearest skin I have ever had during the first 10 weeks on ivermectin—I was lucky enough to not have any die off phases. My question is, could this be a die off this late into treatment, or has it just stopped working for me?

My rosacea is on the mild side to begin with so I was certain this would be the final answer to clearing up what azelaic acid missed. I have seen, and read about, cases much worse than mine who have had success on ivermectin and are in remission several months after ending their treatment. Should I just go for the full 16 weeks and see what happens?

That could very well be a die-off! Remember that this is not an exact science. I mean, there are so many variables to account for for each individual, that even though you react in a certain way that is not similar to some paper, does not necessarily mean something is ‘off’ you should be patient and keep going with the treatment, and cross your fingers that your beautiful skin will come back! That is my bet!

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    That could very well be a die-off! Remember that this is not an exact science. I mean, there are so many variables to account for for each individual, that even though you react in a certain way that is not similar to some paper, does not necessarily mean something is ‘off’ you should be patient and keep going with the treatment, and cross your fingers that your beautiful skin will come back! That is my bet!
    This makes me feel a lot better. Thank you! :-)