Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Demodectic or Gut related ? (Pictures) Need help

Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    Yes, it definitely may have just been die-off but I didnít wanna risk it at that point! Itís just so draining trying things that then make it even worse, you hve to be in the right mental state to do it - itís the only way to find a potential solution! Iíve never had bad acne or anything, still hve no back or chest acne or anything just super sensitive skin, PD, accutane induced flushing and dry eye and potentially Seb Derm. The absolute worst symptom for me would be the crazy oiliness soon after showering around and on the nose as well as texture next to the nose. Drives me crazy! Obvs oiliness is better on low dose accutane. Yes tried fluconazole, did nothing. Other things that did nothing or irritated my ?rosacea skin too much to continue are: Ketoconazole cream and shampoo, selsun gold shampoo, soolantra as discussed, honey (gave me heaps of red bumps on my nose where I tested it?!), TTO, sulfur ointment, benzoyl peroxide, moisturising++, urea cream, no makeup, Lotrimin ultra, cliradex wipes (burned the eff out of my eyelids, I have no idea how people do it and made the inflammation and eyelash loss worse), sulfur cream, TO niacinamide + zinc, Azelaic acid, Benton aloe propolis soothing gel. Not to mention all the cleansers and moisturisers etc. Iím tired! And would have far more money if I didnít take the antibiotics that caused this. F&@ď doxycycline!
    How are you now ? How is the treatment going ? Hope it's all good

Default Update

Its been 13 days since I have taken the last ivermectin double dose . Hmmm .. my skin is still super oily , im still red . The bumps that appeared after takin my first ivermectin dose subsided but soon after were replaced by what I now think are fungal acne , very small transparenrt acne looking like bumps (might be that the metronidazole antibiotic + me being in a super humid and hot environment contributed to that) the good news is that the pustules stopped appearing since a couple of days ago ,usually one or two popped up every day . Hmmm I dont know , my rosacea seems super weird . I haven't flushed since two months ago since I've last been to vietnam ,thank f uck for that . My hair is still "loose" and I notice this grainy rice like thing at the root of every fallen strand of hair I pick up for examination .did anyone else experience anything like it ? I still believe the hair loss is due to demodex

Two days ago I started a candida type diet , no carbohydrates ,only protein and good fats for the first week alongside with grapeseed extract ,oregano oil and probiotics ( boullardi and lactobacilius) .

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
    About 2.5 years now. I would say that I've got it largely under control, but it is by no means in 'remission' and I have to be very vigilant. For instance, three weeks ago my skin was really good - clear and minimal redness - but I've had an old friend from overseas staying with me the last two weeks and have been eating poorly, drinking and out of my routine and three or four P&Ps have come up on my nose.

I'm always on the lookout for improvements in my routine and skin. One symptom that I have never been able to adequately tackle is the increased sebum production and enlarged pores that comes along with the rosacea inflammation. My current project / experiment is looking into Chinese herbal medicine, from which I have had some interesting results. I'm about to be treated by my first Chinese herbalist with a speciality in rosacea, so I am pretty excited to see if I can get some results.
    have you found anything that helps with the oilyness?
    would very much appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    have you found anything that helps with the oilyness?
    would very much appreciate it
    No, still looking I'm afraid. I am experimenting with a few things at the moment: sulphur, clay masks and BHA exfoliant - I will report back if I find some repeatable success.

My dermatologist is convinced that the only thing that can help in my case is Differin gel (adapalene), but my skin unfortunately can't handle it.