Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demodectic or Gut related ? (Pictures) Need help

when should this start getting better ? does anyone know how to treat oily skin ? it feeds the mites as i have found out.... this is really giving me a lesson on confidence , or beating the crap out of it .. either way its not the greatest feeling ever
    Last edited by feckes94; 11th May 2019 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    when should this start getting better ? does anyone know how to treat oily skin ? it feeds the mites as i have found out.... this is really giving me a lesson on confidence , or beating the crap out of it .. either way its not the greatest feeling ever
    Hmm..how is it going now? Donít want to confuse you but have you ever considered it may be seb derm? I hope the ivermectin helps you.. I have rosacea and then developed Seb derm after taking antibiotics for my initial perioral dermatitis 🤷🏼*♀️ Has your skin become more oily than usual?

my skin became oilly last year and i developed SD two months ago .I Figured Its seborrheic dermatitis as well as rosacea ,the SD is mostly on my eyelids and ears though , after fasting it went away and now it came back but not as much as before. .did I get SD due to oiliness and the fact that mallesezia yeast feeds on it ?Im in the tropics currently so that might contribute to it .. im using nizoral for it atm. Do you know any other helpful things (diet related/topicals)I could treat it with ? .. the outbreak of the raised bumps and pimples im having is I think demodex related , how does it look like to you ? Im no professional in this and any peace of advice would help a lot.thanks for posting
    Last edited by feckes94; 12th May 2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    my skin became oilly last year and i developed SD two months ago .I Figured Its seborrheic dermatitis as well as rosacea ,the SD is mostly on my eyelids and ears though , after fasting it went away and now it came back but not as much as before. .did I get SD due to oiliness and the fact that mallesezia yeast feeds on it ?Im in the tropics currently so that might contribute to it .. im using nizoral for it atm. Do you know any other helpful things (diet related/topicals)I could treat it with ? .. the outbreak of the raised bumps and pimples im having is I think demodex related , how does it look like to you ? Im no professional in this and any peace of advice would help a lot.thanks for posting
    Ah right, my skin definitely gets a lot worse in humidity. Ok, do you know why your skin became oily? I had been on doxycycline for ages (years) for recurrent perioral dermatitis and noticed my skin was suddenly oil slick oily within hours after showering..really unmanageable and had a bumpy rash too. Like you, I feel like if I could work out why my skin became oily and treat that then it would solve the problem. I have blepharitis too and have lost a lot of eyelashes despite constant treatment with honey and TTO. Such a tricky thing. I think youíre doing the right thing with soolantra..youíll know soon whether it is resolving the issue or not 😊 keep us updated how youíre going. Iíd also check out https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/ for help with the potential Seb derm symptoms as well as treatment if you havenít read it already. Hopefully the bumps will decrease as you continue with the soolantra..if they donít I guess you can conclude itís Malassezia related. I really feel for you, it sucks having skin issues on your face. People often say Ďit could be worseí but itís really hard when youíre used to feeling happy in your own skin! Feel free to read over my post and pics about my issues. The only thing that has helped me is low dose accutane but that worsens the dry eye 🤷🏼*♀️ So hard!

I personally think due to a disrupted microbiota in the skin and gut due to antibiotics/other factors, Malassezia is able to go unchecked in the oil glands and their presence causes irritation which causes them to produce more oil. Like seb derm in the hair causes waxy oiliness straight after washing and seborrhoea in dogs causes them to have a very waxy coat.. I canít think of any other instigating factor for the oiliness and it seems to happen when the SD condition starts. What I canít work out is why using antifungals and getting rid of the Malassezia doesnít decrease the oiliness *sigh* pretty sick of this consuming my life too!

Keep going and be patient! This can take weeks! Be strong!

Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    Ah right, my skin definitely gets a lot worse in humidity. Ok, do you know why your skin became oily? I had been on doxycycline for ages (years) for recurrent perioral dermatitis and noticed my skin was suddenly oil slick oily within hours after showering..really unmanageable and had a bumpy rash too. Like you, I feel like if I could work out why my skin became oily and treat that then it would solve the problem. I have blepharitis too and have lost a lot of eyelashes despite constant treatment with honey and TTO. Such a tricky thing. I think you’re doing the right thing with soolantra..you’ll know soon whether it is resolving the issue or not �� keep us updated how you’re going. I’d also check out https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/ for help with the potential Seb derm symptoms as well as treatment if you haven’t read it already. Hopefully the bumps will decrease as you continue with the soolantra..if they don’t I guess you can conclude it’s Malassezia related. I really feel for you, it sucks having skin issues on your face. People often say ‘it could be worse’ but it’s really hard when you’re used to feeling happy in your own skin! Feel free to read over my post and pics about my issues. The only thing that has helped me is low dose accutane but that worsens the dry eye ����*♀️ So hard!

It all started with one simple pink patch of dry skin and large pores on my left inner cheek area,after that (maybe a month after) I noticed my nose started looking dry and looked like it had scaly skin which I later concluded looks more like plugs and something sticking out of the pores rather than anything else ,then ,it was the acne and ear itching , the next couple of months I had more and more itching (in the nighttime) and around that time my face became more oily which eventually lead to flushing .I used coconut oil to moisturize (mistake?),which has oleic acid(malessezia food) . This I just figured out haha .so I guess I'll moisturize with aloe vera (?) F u ck the bumpy rash doesn't really itch , my itchiness doesn't occur at the same places all the time ,its kind of random. It's the first time after 7 years that I have started taking antibiotics so I'm definitely not a long time user ... so now .. the conclusion is that one condition created the other .. hmm and btw Im taking ivermectin orally ,not topically ,therefore,im not on soolantra .. is sulphur soap ok to use for both conditions ? I will keep you updated on my situation and have a look at your threads thanks for posting
    Last edited by feckes94; 12th May 2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    I personally think due to a disrupted microbiota in the skin and gut due to antibiotics/other factors, Malassezia is able to go unchecked in the oil glands and their presence causes irritation which causes them to produce more oil. Like seb derm in the hair causes waxy oiliness straight after washing and seborrhoea in dogs causes them to have a very waxy coat.. I canít think of any other instigating factor for the oiliness and it seems to happen when the SD condition starts. What I canít work out is why using antifungals and getting rid of the Malassezia doesnít decrease the oiliness *sigh* pretty sick of this consuming my life too!
    Time will tell ,yes . It's quite confusing to get to the bottom of it ... but I now for sure that anything that looked like sd went away for 5 days while I was water fasting haha .guess we just have to stop eating 😂 food,ever,again.. how hard can that be ,right

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Keep going and be patient! This can take weeks! Be strong!
    Thanks ,means a lot 👊☺

Does anyone have any idea on what I could use as a moisturizer ? To help rosacea and not to feed the yeast ?